[ A brilliant gift ] Zenkuro Kurogane

A coupling christmas story to: [His True Self]

A/N; I had this in my drafts for a while so I kinda just finished it..

With Zac's birthday coming up in a few days I kinda wanted to write something for him! Happy holidays everyone!!

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

He was running late.

Recording for his latest single had taken Zac longer than he'd hoped to, especially during christmas eve!

Once he'd gotten the chance to leave, Zac had gone and made a run for it with coat in hand. The climate was cold, but he cared not. Today was important!

He'd finally arrived, catching his breath briefly. Where was she? He'd scanned the area, hoping to find her.. to no avail.

Had she left? No, she would never do such a thing.

"You're late." A voice said from behind him.

A familiar one, the voice he was most fond of.

Zac hurriedly turned around, his eyes grew wide at the sight once he'd gotten a look at you.

You looked absolutely stunning for your date with him.

He'd opened his mouth in order to say something but you'd left him speechless.

"Zenkuro?" You ask, feeling a little embarrased due to his gaze being so fixated on you. It'd been the first time that you made such an effort to dress up for a date with him.. all thanks to Nika, of course.

"H-Hey little star, you're shining quite brightly tonight! It's nice!"

"Thank you."

"Of course, my dear (Name)"

"You've left that tacky disguise behind, you look better like this." You smile, pointing out the fact that he'd wore a proper disguise. He looked just like a normal civilian!

"How did you know it was me?" Zac was bewildered.

"...Just a hunch." You winked playfully, pressing a finger to his chest. "Maybe Zac the sunshine shines most brightly when he's himself, that's how I could tell."

He somewhat lost his composure, his face growing redder at your remark.

"Y-You are quite clever, little star." He cleared his throat.

"You're just that bad at disguising yourself." You pout. "Maybe it's nice that we won't get interrupted in the middle of our date by your fans."

"You're right, sorry." He looked so sincere then, it made you feel bad.

"R-Right! Anyway, my siblings have presents for you back home!"

"Let me guess, the little spark has beybread for me?"

You hum. Your little brother only seemed to have three things going through his little brain..

..Beybread, Beyblade and Shu.

Did he like Shu or something?

"Nika and Tokonatsu's presents are more elaborate ones, I'll show you when we're home."

"Sure, I can't wait."

That night, you'd spend it happily with your family and Zac.

It'd been a bit after the christmas dinner, Zac had asked you to come with him to a more secluded spot.

"(Name), I've brought you a present too."

"You did?" There's a glint of excitement in your eyes, it brought a smile to Zac's face.

How cute were you?

"Sure did." He held out a present box.

"What could it be?" You can't hide your eagerness when the box is placed in your arms. With one hand, you open it..

There's a teddy bear with star motifs. In it's arms, it held one of Zac's latest singles...

Really?

You couldn't help but think that it was the most cheesy present ever, so cheesy that you absolutely adored it.

The audacity of this idol..

You could barely contain your laughter.

"What do you think, little star?" Zac also seemed most amused by it. "My fans would be dying to have something like this."

"Zenkuro.." You're smiling from ear to ear, unable to contain your happiness at the present. It brought a tear to your eyes. "You absolute clown, it's the best/worst thing you've ever given me."

"Surely you jest." He chuckled. "It's a fantastic present."

"No way, it's ridiculous!"

"Is it? I'm offended." Zac pouts.

"Sorry, I forgot I shouldn't speak ill of the greatest idol and blader." You say sarcastically.

"That sarcasm of yours is still quite endearing." He says, placing a hand to your cheek tenderly. His expression was rather alluring.. "I love you, little star."

You indulged in that moment. It was a gift meant just for you.