[Care] Free de la Hoya

[A/n: Not too proud of this one, but I tried my best at writing Free!]

[Word Count; 1044]

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Upon joining BC Sol, one of the team's mysteries was Free de la Hoya. He would always go off by himself into the forest to train. He'd never join the rest of the team for practice or even to eat. The only person in the team who you say with Free was Valt, but you weren't surprised. Valt manages to make friends quite easily with just about anyone.

"Valt? Have you seen Free?" You asked the bluenette. You had been looking all over the place for Free as per Chris's request, but you couldn't find him anywhere, not even in the forest.

"Oh, Free? He should be in his super secret beystadium! I can lead the way if ya want [N]!" He had his usual trademark smile on his face. How could someone be so energetic?

"I'd appreciate that, please." He nodded at your response and lead the way into the forest once the two of you left the BC Sol dormitory, the two of you were going deeper and deeper till you reached what seemed to be a fairly old looking structure with a beystadium right in the middle. Of course, Free was just sitting there with a rather bored expression as usual.

"There ya go, see ya [N]!" Before you could protest, Valt had already ran off back into the forest, leaving you alone with Free.

You mentally slapped yourself, now you were stuck alone with Free of all people. He was rather mysterious and unpredictable, not the friendliest nor the most talkative either. A total sociopath too!

"You." You heard him say, although barely inaudible. That got your attention. You looked over at him, pointing at yourself as if to say 'Who, me?'

"Who else?" He said nonchalantly, before he continued. "What do you want?" No wonder no one approached him, he's a total jerk!

"Chris wanted me to come get you, not sure why." You shrugged your shoulders. Anyone could've come, even Valt! Why you?

He stood up and shoved his hands in his pockets. "Lead the way." He tilted his head to the side, bored as usual. His attitude ticked you off, but he was one of BC Sol's strongest bladers so Chris gave his attitude a pass.

You huffed and headed back into the forest, following the way back that Valt had taught you. On the way you turned your head to see if Free was following you, but you found your eyes meeting with his rather soulless ones.

"W-What? Don't look at me like that!" You furrowed your brows, slightly uncomfortable with his soul-piercing stare.

"Nothing." He replied, his eyes still on you. Oh well, you'd have to deal with it. Eventually, the two of you reached Chris's office after a rather awkward walk back.

"Excuse me, I brought Free." You spoke up, opening the door to find Chris and Trad waiting for the two of you.

"Good timing [N]. Trad and I were discussing something." Chris said, earning Free's attention too. "I think it's best if you train under Free for the time being [N], what do you think, Free?" She looked at the blond with a smile on her face, hoping he'd accept.

"I guess. As long as she can keep up, but I doubt so." He had a rather annoying smirk on his face, was he trying to get on your nerves? If Chris wasn't here, you would've definetly punched his sorry ass. Just what was that guy's problem?!

"Great, I'm glad you accepted. You two can go now." And with that, the two of you left the office. Somehow, the tension between the two of you got worse with every passing second.

"Let's go." He was already walking away before you could agree, so you had no choice but to follow him. How did Valt even get along with him? Maybe he was nicer to people he acknowledged? Whatever.

"W-Wait, Free!"

And that's how you started spending more time with Free. His schedule was hard to keep up with and honestly? You enjoyed it a bit. That's until your beytraining began.

Each time, Free would refuse to use his launcher, using his hand instead.

And of course, Fafnir burst [B/N] no matter how many times you tried. Oh how you wished you could wipe Free's smirk off his face!

"Is it fun?" He taunted, moving the hand he spun his bey with in a rather mocking way. He'd easily get in your nerves no matter how many times you tried to keep your temper in check!

"That's good, it's fine to be frustrated."

"Oh? Another burst."

"It's fun when you win."

You stopped showing up to practice the next day. It only took 2 weeks for you to quit.

He had to admit though, it was boring without you around.

Then he heard from the junior BC Sol members the next day, that you had transferred to the New York Bulls. The thought of you leaving to train with Shu pissed him off to no end.

He confronted you that day, pinning you against the wall with a furious expression on his face before you could leave. Your suitcase fell to the ground and you were honestly shocked that Free had reacted that way towards your transfer.

"F-Free? I have a plane to catch you know, let me go.." You breathed out, slightly in pain from the impact.

"You're not going anywhere. Why would you quit your training?" His eyes bore into you, his grip on your arms only tightened.

"T-That hurts..! I..I couldn't take anymore of your comments, they hurt alot..!" Oh, right. He wasn't the nicest towards you, but he honestly wasn't the nicest person regardless. His expression softened and so did his grip on you.

"I'm not letting you go. Come." He lead you back into his usual spot at the forest, his grip on your wrist tightened just in case you were to leave. You had no choice but to follow him; keeping your eyes on him the whole way.

Maybe..just maybe. Free did care about you, but in his own way.