[Christmas Dinner] Free de la Hoya

[A/N; Deer lord (pun intended) . . . I'm very very late! I'm so sorry, I got caught up on other things! Along with Writer's Block . . .

I came back to 1k reads though, seriously!? Thank you all so much aaaa

I meant to publish this for Christmas but, you can still have it, whatever.

I'll have to share Free just this once!]

[Word Count; 826]

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Tomorrow, you were to help Miss Ange with cooking and baking, so you needed someone to sample your cooking.

Valt wasn't here due to champion duties, so that left you with Rantaro, Kit, Kuza and Sisco.

Sisco was out of the picture, Rantaro and Kuza wouldn't last too long. You could ask Kit but you didn't know where he went.

"I don't know who to ask!" You whined, before slumping over on the table, defeated.

"You should cover yourself up." A voice said, making you sit up inmediately.

Your eyes met with rather dull brown ones, then you realized who it was.

But wait, what was Free de la Hoya doing here?

You stared at him in both confusion and amazement.

He simply cocked his head to the side, wearing his usual bored expression.

"What? You look like you've seen a ghost." He smirked, albeit briefly.

"N-Nothing! I-I just, I thought you weren't in Spain."

He hummed in acknowledgement, before his eyes flickered briefly towards the ingredients you had scattered on the table.

"Cooking?"

"Yeah! Tomorrow's Christmas Eve and Miss Ange wanted me to help her, but I need someone to sample my cooking.." You sighed, before hopping off the table.

"I'll help you." He patted your head.

You stared at him, surprised.

"W-What? You'll help me? Seriously?"

"I can always change my mind." He yawned. "Now hurry up, I'm hungry."

"Okay, I'll do my best!" You said, before preparing everything for the pasta, since you suggested to make Carbonara, something you picked up from an old friend of yours.

Free simply observed the whole time, leaning against the wall.

Eventually, your first test subject was done.

"It's done!" You announced.

You then placed the plate on the table, while signaling for Free to come over and try it out.

"Looks good." He complimented.

"Thank you, now give it a try!"

He nodded, taking a fork and twirling the spaghetti around it before shoving it in his mouth.

He chewed and chewed, till he finally gulped it down. You gave him an expecting look, hoping he'd say it was good.

"I've eaten better." His words were harsh.

Yikes.

"W-What? Was it that bad?"

"It didn't taste bad. The flavor was lacking though."

You sighed.

Cooking was hard and Free so far was a very harsh critic, would you even manage to get it right?

It'd been about 40 tries so far and you only had so many ingredients left.

It was now or never.

"This one's got a unique smell to it, what did you add?" He leaned closer, right behind your back, making you stiffen slightly.

"A-Ahh, umm . . . I added some cream cheese this time. It'll make the sauce much creamier, I figured that'd make it even more delicious!" You explained, earning an 'Oh' from Free.

"I'll have a taste then."

"P-Please do!"

"This time, you'll feed me." He declared, making you squeak in surprise.

"I-I'm sorry, what?"

"Are you deaf?" He sighed. "I said, you'll feed me this time (Name)."

. . . It wouldn't hurt to just feed him this once.

You nodded, taking the fork from his hands and twirling the pasta around it. You turned around, facing the blond, who wore his usual bored expression.

. . . This was embarassing!

Noticing your flustered expression, he smirked, albeit briefly. You would've almost missed it if you weren't so focused on him.

He then opened his mouth, making you blush a deeper shade of red. Why was feeding a guy so embarassing!?

You quickly shoved the fork in his mouth to avoid further embarassment.

"W-Well?" You shyly looked at him, twiddling with your thumbs nervously.

Once he finished eating it, his lips curved upwards into a small smile.

"It's really good."

"Wait. Really!?"

"Yeah. Why don't you have a taste?" He said, handing you his fork.

One bite wouldn't hurt . . .

"Okay." You smiled, taking a forkful of the spaghetti you had prepared, shoving it into your mouth.

Once you began chewing, your eyes widened. It was delicious! You finished eating it, your smile only grew wider.

"It's really really good, I'm sure everyone will like it!" You glanced towards Free, only to notice him staring at you, a bit too intensely.

That was . . . Until he brushed his thumb against your lips, wiping some sauce off.

. . . And then, he licked said thumb, making you turn 50 shades redder.

"W-What's wrong with you!?" You screeched.

"That's cute." He chuckled, leaving you in the kitchen to die from embarassment.

. . . Tomorrow's Christmas Dinner would be rather eventful with Free around.