[ Regretful ] Delta Akane

[Continuation to: "Swallowed by the Darkness"! ]

"..Ah. Delta.." Your face inmediately fell at the sight of the familiar green-haired male.

"You." Delta muttered, clicking his tongue in disgust. He had done a good job avoiding you ever since he had left you, but you always seemed to run into him no matter what.

Thankfully, at least for you, your savior had come to your side.

"I've been looking for you, (Name)-chan!" Pot's cheery demeanor changed the moment he noticed Delta. "Oh? I didn't know my next opponent was here."

"Pot Hope." Red orbs flickered towards the sudden intruder. However, Delta wondered then, what business would he have with (Name)? In fact, why did he even care?

"Sorry, I was getting drinks for everyone else since they were waiting for their next match.."

"I don't mind." Pot rested his arms behind his head, wearing a smile. "Besides, I'm glad I came." The boy sent a glare towards Delta.

"Right." You return the smile, completely oblivious to the death stares the two boys had been giving eachother.

Delta clicked his tongue once again. Somehow, he had grown even more annoyed by the second if that was even possible.

"Well, I'll see you later Delta." You say bitterly, averting your gaze from the latter.

"Yeah, see you." Pot chuckled, wearing a thriumphant/smug smirk.

And so the duo had left, leaving a rather angry Delta on his own. He didn't know why he had felt so annoyed by the fact that you had been with another boy. Jealousy? No way, he loathed your very existence.

That was a lie he had made up in order to forget what had happened that day.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Pot had lost, he had seen it. Delta's ki was terrifying, filled with bottomless hate and rage, yet . . . Whenever Delta glanced your way, it seemed to calm, somewhat.

A mischevous grin spread on the white-haired boy's lips then.

Ah, so he feels that way towards her too.

"I might've lost, but I still had (Name)-chan cheering for me!" He said smugly, pulling you closer to him.

You squeak at the sudden gesture, your face colliding on the prankster's chest.

"P-Pot...!" You cry out, embarrassed. He was doing this infront of Delta!!

"You . . ." Delta grit his teeth, his expression had darkened significantly. Even though he had won easily, it seemed like he had lost something then.

"You?" Pot feigned innocence. "What's wrong, Akane Delta? Do you maybe, like (Name)-chan so much that you've grown jealous?" The blader smirked, his voice had deepened significantly, who was this person again?

As for you, you were a blushing mess. Were they..fighting over you? Delta? But he...

"That's none of your business." Delta spat. "Hand over (Name), I've grown tired of your existence."

"No, no way." Pot blinked, wrapping an arm over your waist protectively. "I like (Name)-chan too much to hand her over to you."

"E-Excuse me..." You manage to squeeze out of Pot's grasp. The two boys don't even bother looking at you, as they were glaring daggers at eachother. If looks could kill, you'd probably be dead by now due to these two.

"Diabolos and I already won."

"The match, sure. Have you won (Name)-chan's heart though? In fact, do you even deserve it?" The white haired boy said, his expression serious. "You hurt (Name) once, don't think I haven't heard it from her."

Delta clicked his tongue. He then glanced at you, his expression soft, yet regretful. Maybe, just maybe . . .

"I didn't mean to."

"D-Delta..." You frown, reaching out for his hand, hesitantly.

This time, he didn't slap you. Instead, he allowed it.

You stare up into his red eyes, he looked so..in pain. A hand reached up to cup his cheek, but...

Pot wasn't having it.

"(Name)-chan, Drum's match is up next." He feigned a smile. He was angry.

"R-Right..." You turn back towards the whitette, but cast one glance at Delta. His aura was...terrifying.

You reluctantly leave Delta's side, despite the fact that maybe, you could've helped him then.

The green haired blader's expression is angry, yet sorrowful. He should've kept his promise that time.

"(Name), I love you." He mutters, softly.

He knows those words can't reach you anymore.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

A/N:

Don't worry I'll continue this!! Part 2 of that one other Delta fic of many.

I've been also working on a Shu and Valt love triangle this whole time and I hope I can finish it soon. c:

Everything's been rather busy for me so updates are super infrequent, sorry!! Hope you enjoyed this mini-update at least~