[Distance] Free de la Hoya

[A/N: This is one of my favorites! God I love Free so much, he's still number one in my heart...]

[Word Count; 1673]
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

The news of Free's transfer to the New York Bulls spread throughout BC Sol pretty fast. Of course, those news would eventually reach you, his girlfriend.

Of course, you were devastated. You had been dating Free for about 2 years now. Why didn't he tell you first? Why would he keep it as a secret from you?

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

You knew he'd be there, at his usual secret spot in the forest. You didn't know if he was waiting for you or if he just felt like being there before he left for Spain.

You approached him, but you knew that he knew that you were here. He turned to face you, his expression being a rather unreadable one as usual.

"You really are leaving aren't you..?"

"Yeah."

"Why? Why didn't you just tell me Free? I-I..I thought you loved me and BC Sol." You were on the verge of tears then, your voice slightly cracked.

"I do love BC Sol and you, That's exactly why I'm leaving. The team relies too much on me, they'll get better without me." His eyes bore into you and he stood up then. You noticed that he had a bag slung over his back the whole time, but you were just too focused on the fact that your boyfriend was in fact leaving.

"I'm leaving the team in the hands of Chris and you." You didn't even notice that he had kissed you. It was quick, but it conveyed his feelings for you.

"G-Got it.." He smiled then, it was a genuine, small smile.

"Good." You smiled weakly at him and he pulled you into a quick hug, before he let go. He started walking away then and that honestly did it, you began to break down in tears right there.

You watched him until he was out of sight, tears still streaming down your face at the fact that you wouldn't see Free for a long time. You'd have to work your way up alongside BC Sol to be able to see him in a tournament.

"I'll miss you Free!" You shouted will all of your might, hoping that he'd hear you.

Although he wasn't there to answer you, he still turned around, facing towards the entrance of the forest with a smile.

"Me too [N]."

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

[Timeskip, a few years later]

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

You had left BC Sol in order to pursue your dreams of becoming a stronger blader. Unfortunately, you never got to see Free ever since he left BC Sol then. You'd heard rumors of him returning eventually and you were curious to see the reaction of him learning of the news of your sudden dissapearance.

You had actually met a young prince whose name was Xhan Bogard, alongside his mentor, Kaiza Xhakuenji while you traveled across the world. You were honestly surprised by how fast you had gotten along with the two of them and you had joined them in their training journey.

"[N], tell me, why did you set out on a journey? I heard you were on the same team as the world champion!" You couldn't help but giggle at Xhan's excitement.