[Unwanted Attention] Delta Akane

[ A/N; It's me! I'm alive and ready to get to my small pile of 'An expression of thanks' requests so this is all you'll be seeing for a bit till I finish them.

I'm not going in order, so I'm starting with someone's request for a Delta x Shy! Reader.

I'm not sure if you'll like it but I did something..?

If you haven't caught up with Gachi yet then what are you doing!? Delta's development is honestly one of my favorite.

P.S Thanks for all the support and interest on this book! ]

[ Word Count; 1081 ]

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"From now on, Delta's now part of Victories! Isn't that seriously cool!?"

There he was, gushing about that Delta guy again . . .

To be honest, he scared you, alot.

"Hai Hai, we already knew that.", Ichika sighed, staring at the male boredly while she sat by your side. "What do you think (Nickname)?" She turned towards you, a friendly smile urging for you to speak.

"M-M-Me? I-I..." You frowned, stumbling on your words as per usual. "I-I suppose I don't mind..b-but when I first him there was something about him that t-terrified me.." You shuddered at the thought of that.

"What? You've MET Delta?" It was now Drum's turn to be right in your face and the closeness honestly made you extremly uncomfortable.

"W-Well not directly D-Drum..!", You held your hands up rather defensively. "I just..I've seen him up close! B-But we never spoke."

"Drum, you're scaring (Name) you idiot." Amane (thankfully) yanked Drum away from you, giving you some room to breath.

You muttered a quiet 'Thank you' at the boy and he only offered you a friendly smile in return.

"Speaking of Delta, where is he?" Takane, Amane's younger brother then piped up.

He made a good point, where WAS Delta?

You looked around the room, only to meet eyes briefly with the Sea-Green haired male.

Your face contorted into pure fear.

He was listening the whole time!?

You would rather crawl into a hole and die at this moment...

He noticed the change in expression on your part and shook his head, smiling briefly in the process.

He had the guts to smile at your suffering!? If there were the Beyblading Gods then they must be laughing at you too at this moment...

Your inner monologue was then interrupted by Drum making ungodly sounds while running towards Delta,  because of course he did.

"There you are Delta! Why have you been so quiet?" Drum pouted, tugging at the latter's arm rather annoyingly.

You could tell Delta was rather patient with him..how did he manage? You feared you would snap at the boy at any second and your reputation would be ruined forever!

"Because I've been cleaning up Diabolos." He closed his eyes and sighed. "Besides",
Once his eyes opened, he was looking straight at you!! "I had nothing to contribute to your conversation."

"So you WERE listening..!" When those words left your mouth, your hands inmediately flew to cover your mouth and your face turned beet red from embarassment at your own comment.

Ichika could only smile in satisfaction at the sight of you finally speaking up, so she didn't seem surprised by it.

But everyone else..?

They just burst into laughter.

"Pff- (N-Name)! You should've seen your face!" Amane held his stomach and you only wished suffering upon the brunette despite how much you loved your friends.

Delta on the other hand, seemed unfazed, yet satisfied at the same time. His eyes flickered with some unknown curiosity and you didn't like that..

He began approaching you and you shrieked in fear.

"Would you mind if I borrowed your friend?" He turned to Ichika, who seemed just as confused as everyone else despite being your best friend.

Also, did he just ask Ichika for permission to steal your soul away!?

"Y-Yeah sure.." Her response was the reason for your impending doom..

You stared at Delta, frowning. You would probably end up with a permanent frown at this point in life..

He held his hand out for you to take and your eyes flickered between him and the rest of Victories.

"F-Fine.." You turned to the side, before taking the male's hand.

He then led you outside the Victories HQ and then towards some unknown location by the sea.

Why..?

He let go of your hand and leaned against the railing.

"You're an interesting individual." He began, "I didn't think it was possible for someone to beat out Drum in that regard."

"..W-Was that an insult..?" You took that as a sign to follow, so you also leaned against the railing, a few inches away from Delta though.

"It's more of a compliment. To be honest, I don't like talking to others but I can tell that you also don't.", He turned towards you, smiling. "Which is why I can talk to you so easily."

"W-What's with you . . . ?" Your words took him by slight surprise, but his face relaxed. "When I first met you, I saw..p-pure evil..to be honest, it terrified me to no end." You glanced over to him, biting your lip.

"B-But now, you're different..I'm honestly conflicted, should I open up to you or not..? I already struggle with my friends, but somehow I'm starting to feel at ease around you, l-like...you can understand me." You didn't know why you began tearing up, but you didn't question it.

He remained silent, but his eyes urged you to go on.

"S-So . . . . . . . . . ", You trailed off, not knowing how to get the words out. "M-Maybe..we can become f-friends..!" Your face lit up when you finally managed to get those words out, but your face reddened once you noticed Delta smiling at your expression.

He nodded, before holding out his hand towards you.

You stared at it briefly, but you finally looked back up to the male and smiled as well.

"I-It's nice...to finally have someone like you who can understand me." You took his hand and shook it.

"Yeah." His response was simple, but it was just about what you wanted to hear.

"I-It's a bit silly, but we should probably head back soon Delta.."

"It can wait."

You nodded at his words, before bursting into genuine laughter.

This would be the start of something, something that's probably beyond human comprehension.