[Pleasantly Sweet] Aiga Akaba

[ A/N; I know I've been dead, but I'm alive! Animal Crossing New Horizons just ruined all of my writing plans and I'm SOO SOO sorry in advance.

Due to popular demand, I'm giving my previous Aiga fic a conclusion since y'all JUST keep begging for one!

Now LOOK, I know it's short, but I promise I'll make it up to you guys with the next Delta fic I'll be working on. ]

[Word Count; 761]

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Ever since your little reunion with your childhood best friend, you couldn't stop thinking about him, even during breakfast.

"Aiga's grown so much." You sigh, rather dreamily.

"He's all you've been talking about." Ethan huffs from the table right beside yours.

"Shut up! you're just mad because you lost to him." You stick your tongue out at him.

"What did you just say!?" He growls angrily, slamming his fist on the table, while also earning the attention of everyone else.

"You're just mad because you lost to Aiga." You smirk, knowing that he can't do anything.

"You little—"

"Ethan, that's enough." Ange says from within the kitchen. "No fighting during breakfast on my watch!"

"Fine." He grumbles and continues his meal.

You smile thriumphantly to yourself and head over to hand your dishes to Miss Ange at the counter before exiting the dining hall.

"I wonder what Aiga's up to.."

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

In fact, Aiga himself had been thinking about you ever since he left the gym. He couldn't even focus on the matches!

"Lost in thought?" Valt inquires curiously.

"No."

"Let me guess, (Name)?" He smiles, without keeping his eyes off the TV.

'How persistent is he!?'

"Yeah, what about it?" Aiga frowns.

"Nothing, I'm just guessing." He scratches the back of his head. "But if you want to see (Name) then you're always free to go!"

That made him perk up.

"Really?"

"Yeah! We'll go cheer on Drum personally tomorrow!" Valt gives him a thumbs up.

"...Thank you." Aiga gets up and looks to side, embarassed.

"Yup, no worries Aiga." Valt grins, before focusing back on the match.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

You stand infront of Chris's office; your hand hovering over the door handle.

'Should I really go in without notice?' You frown. 'Well..it's my only chance to talk to Aiga, so I should do it!'

You finally place your hand on the doorknob, but before you could turn the door handle, the door already opens by itself, revealing a confused Aiga.

"(Name)?" He asks, a bit confused as to why you'd be standing out there.

"A-A-Aiga! Hi." You force a smile, attempting to act natural.

"What were you doing infront of the door?" He raises a brow, a bit too suspiciously. He'd definetly tease you if you admitted that you wanted to go see him!

"N-Nothing, just..waiting?" You lie, smoothly.

"Hmm, okay." He crosses his arms under his chest. "W-Well, I was going to go look for you, but I guess you're already here.." He trails off, but it's your turn to stare at him suspiciously.

"Why would you go look for me? Aren't you watching Drum's match?"

"We'll cheer him on at the stadium tomorrow! I-I just..figured we could catch up..is..all." He scratches his cheek nervously.

Your face lights up at his words. "R-Really? Well I was actually coming here so I could spend time with you!"

You freeze.

Both of you becoming a blushing mess.

"N-No..I-I'm just..!" You squeak, unable to find the correct wor

"I-I didn't know you.." Aiga looks stunned, but in reality, he's oddly overjoyed that you actually felt that way.

The two of you look back inside the office, only to see Valt snickering.

"C'mon you two, you can just chat outside." He grins teasingly.

Aiga slams the door on him, before turning back to you.

After a few moments of silence, Aiga clears his throat to gain your attention. "A-Anyway." He begins, acting as if he never heard Valt. "I really missed you (Name)."

"I missed you too Aiga. I could tell you did because of yesterday's little stunt." You giggle, earning a glare from the brunette.

"W-Whatever! W-What I'm trying to say is that..." He bites his lip and mutters a bit softly. "I would like to see you more often..e-even after I go!"

'Did he just?' You internally squeal.

"Of course!" You couldn't hide the big smile that spread up to your lips.

"Great." Hearing your approval has probably made Aiga the happiest, probably even happier than the time he became the champion.