(142).

"Conversations"

      Maxwell let go off Alicia's hand and she held onto his. He slapped her hand off and stepped away from her. "Max,"

      "Leave. I have nothing to say to you." He said.

       "You didn't even hear me out."

      "Because I don't want to!" He turned back to her. "What are you even doing here? Why are we even talking?"

       "I miss you." Alicia stepped forward to him. "I came back because I missed you. I didn't expect you to move on and be with someone as bitchy as her."

      Maxwell chuckled. "Guess what? I didn't expect you to marry my brother either but you did and moved away with him. You said in that stupid note you left that I should move on so why are you mad that I did?"

       "Maybe because I am a selfish person."

      "You are. This is my workplace and I have enough going on already so get the fuck out and please stop coming here." He said.

       "You're not going to hear me out?" Alicia asked and he stayed mute. He was staring at her, clenching his jaws. "Max,"

       "No Alicia. I want to love myself this time."

      "But I'm not asking you to love me Max! Jeez! Why are you being this difficult? I'm just here because I missed the kind of friendship we had before we got into this relationship. I'm not here to be in a relationship with you. It was really a bad idea to come back here." Alicia said to him, shaking her head. She held the doorknob, unlocked the door and opened it up. She stepped out of the office and Shelby was furiously waiting in front of the door.

       "I told you he's done with you." Shelby mocked her. Alicia pushed her out of her way and headed out. Maxwell stepped out of the office watching her leave and he silently cussed at himself.

      "Alicia," he called after her. Alicia hurried her steps and Maxwell walked after her.

     "Max," Shelby mumbled. Maxwell followed Alicia out of the office to the parking lot. He kept calling after her and she wasn't turning back. Alicia walked to her car and Maxwell ran after her. He held her hand and turned her around to face him. She had tears in her eyes and Maxwell sighed out.

      "I want to hear you out." He slowly said while staring hard at her.

      "No it's fine Max. I don't know what I expected." Alicia forced a smile out. Maxwell gripped on her hand and looked down. He didn't see the ring on her finger and he quickly glanced at her.

      "Are you..."

      "I should head back." Alicia pulled off her hand and Maxwell held back her hand. "I don't want this to be like I'm keeping you away from your girlfriend. She doesn't like me and you don't like me coming around you either so it's better I get back home."

      "Uh... why don't we hang out instead?" Maxwell suggested.

      "Here?" Alicia chuckled. "So your sex friend can roll her nasty eyes at me?"

      "Sex friend? That really bothers you huh?" He playfully asked and she shrugged.

      "Mm, just a little." She said. Maxwell smiled, shaking his head. "Do you have any place we can hang out at? I'm bored as fuck."

      "I know a place. You're driving." He said. Alicia nodded her head and they got into her car. Maxwell had a minute to drool over the interior of the car and Alicia was staring at him. "Damn, your husband really takes good care of you." He said and they burst out laughing. Maxwell suggested they hang out at the old diner they used to hang out at and Alicia couldn't agree less.