(77).

"New Place"

      Alicia got her hopes up sometimes and they fell right in front of her. She let her emotions get the worse out of her and she says to herself, "You're going to be fine Alicia." She received Jake's call and let him know she was checking out an apartment.
"Why didn't you tell me this? I could've gone with you." He said.

      "I didn't want to worry you. I'll see you in the next thirty minute."

     "Okay. Take care." She hanged up. She picked the car key from the bed and turned the lights off. She locked the doors and walked out. She drove the car to Jake's apartment, waited in the car and gathered the right words to say to him. The truth was the only way out. She got down from the car and headed to his home. She opened his door and he was sitting in his couch, playing video games.

      "Hey," he said. She felt some kinda ways towards him. She didn't know what it was. He's been the only person who's been so understanding in her life and at her decisions. He makes her feel strong and loved. He paused the game and smiled at her. "So how was it?"

     "I lied." He dropped his smile. "I was with Max."

     "What?"

     "Not like that. He got me the apartment." He stood up from the chair.

     "Why? Are you guys not over?"

    "We are. I confirmed that today. He doesn't want to have anything to do with me. I asked him for it and he got it for me. I did think through for a short period of time and I think it's great. Don't you think so?"

     "Yeah, but are you going to live there with him?" He asked worriedly.

    "No. We're done and he owes me this much. This was a payment for the stupid things he did to me."

     "Alicia, you shouldn't take his offer."

    "Why not? He has the money for it and he rejected me when I asked him to stay and he's not sorry for what he did to me so I can assure you, we're not going to get back together. I have the right to see whoever I want and do whatever I want. How cool is that?" She laughed.

     Jake wasn't having it.

    It hurts that Max was not even apologizing for what he did to her. All she felt was he was really done with her and she was angry. Maxwell didn't want her anymore. He watched her cry and there was no attempt from him to console her. He was a heartless person. "I am so grateful for everything you've been doing for me but I cannot live on you forever. I got to make life choices. You understand that, right?" Alicia said to Jake trying to make him reason with her.

      "Yeah," his voice was faint. "But I do not think this is right Bell. He'll have access to your place and you might fall in his trap again. Can you think about this?"

     "I have." She smiled at him.

     "Bell," She hugged him and sniffed on his shirt. "Don't do it." He whispered. "Don't leave."

     "I'm going to miss you but I'll make sure to see you everyday. We still have this going on, right?" She lightened his mood and he sighed. Maxwell gets things he wanted.

     "I wish I can tie you here." She laughed and he smiled at her. "Don't let him in. Use him for all you want but do not fall for his cocky charms again, got it?"

     "Yes sir." She saluted and he laughed. Jake helped her pack her things in her bags and he held her against the wall, kissing her slowly. His whispers of take care were blurry and cold. He let go off her hand and she held onto his, urging him to keep this going. "I want you right now."

     His fingers roamed in her messy hair and he carried her on his lap, pulling down her jean. This sex and kisses they've been having, they knew it was going to haunt them and make them come back for more. When her heart pops out for him, she pushes it back and scolds it to Stay still because let's face it, she was hurt and the last thing she wanted was for a guy like Jake to hurt her. It'll make her turn into some crazy villain who cuts the balls of pretty looking guys.

     In the midst of the incredible sex against the wall, he whispered he loves her and she pretended she did not hear that. His sex and kisses were great but please, she was not ready for this. They should keep the sex going.

      Alicia looked away after their orgasms and put on her clothes. She was going to avoid the conversation one more time. "I should start going. Take care." She pecked on his cheeks and dragged her bags out. Before she got to the door, she heard him slump into the couch and heave. She slightly looked back and his head was caught up in his palm. "I'm sorry." She blurted out and walked away.

       Jake picked up his phone and dialed Alia's number. His sister stayed silent on the phone waiting for her brother to spill. "I can't." He said. "I can't fucking do this Alia. I'm really done. Can you just tell him why we're doing this? How long do you want me to get fucked up?"

      "I don't know Jake." She sighed. "Will he believe me?"

      "Don't you have the proofs? I mean there's a lot of resemblance in there. He can't even deny it. I just want Alicia to stay away from this mess. You don't know I fucking feel every single goddamn time I look at her. This tortures me."

     "Are you still fucking her?"

     "That's not the fucking point Alia! Tell him every fucking thing he needs to know and leave Alicia out of this else I'm done!" He hanged up and threw the phone to the wall screaming at himself. Alicia would never forgive him. This was getting too far.

•_•_•

       Ryan got a visit from Kesha and he was surprised she chose to do so. She had changed the color of her hair to a golden color and she looked really good in that. She sat herself down and he sat at the other side of the chair. He didn't know what to say to her and she was breathing out thoroughly. "I got things to say about your friend." She started and he still didn't make a sound. "Maxwell."

      "Yeah?"

      "I know somethings about him and he's been threatening me. I don't know what to do and I don't know if I should tell you this or not because you all worship his ass and he's going to kill me if I make a move. I'm so confused Ryan. I know he's your friend and all but he's really done some bad things."

      "Are you serious?"

      "Yes. You know that girlfriend of his, she's a part of this too. I'm afraid Max is capable of worst things Ryan. I don't know who to tell this to. He can hurt me if this goes out."

     "Kesha." He shut her up. "I know Max hasn't been your best person and I understand your hatred for him but you can't go around saying things like this about him. Can you stop talking about him and let's talk about something else?"

      "Like what huh? Like how you still care for Dawn and never made an attempt to talk to me?" Ryan sighed and looked down. "You can't even lie Ryan. How did we end up like this? How could you let everything we've tried to protect go into the mud because of her? What did I ever do to you?"

     "I'm sorry." He looked at her. "I'm really sorry Kesha."

     "Did you love her?" She asked, shedding tears inside her cramped heart. "Did you love her Ryan?" He sighed in his palms and nodded. "Ryan," she cried. "So.." she wiped her tears. "You.. don't want me.. anymore?"

     "I don't know Kesha."

    "Wow." She laughed hysterically and stood up. "Thanks for having me over." He stood up and stopped her from leaving. "What Ryan?! Are you not done hurting me?!" He kissed her and she pushed him away. Her eyes flared at him and her tears didn't stop flowing. "You lost me Ryan. You did." She wiped her last tears and ran out of his house.

•_•_•

       Alicia's first night in the apartment was a cozy one. She prepared for work, made sandwiches for Theodore and herself and set off to work. Theodore however, loved her sandwiches. He never stopped smiling the moment he saw her walk through that door. His employees welcomed her back and she felt great and loved again. Alicia was opened for anything life throws at her if that involves making money at any opportunity she gets.