(59).

"The Blonde Bitch"

       Alicia stiffened in her seat, praying she walks out and leave her alone. Max's finger curled in her hair and he was sniffing on to it. The bitch walked to their table and smiled at them. Alicia grabbed her soda drink and contemplated on what to do with it. She didn't want to make a scene there. She would've dumped everything on her and yell at her to walk out. "Max," Alia said in her nasal voice acting like she was about to cry. Max sat up and looked at her then he looked at Alicia. Everything felt over for him. What the fuck was she doing around Alicia?

     "Yeah?" He asked, trying to put on his best act.

    "I'm here now." She forced tears out and Max wasn't saying anything. He was going to act like everything was okay with him for the past days and she showed up to ruin it all. "I know you're mad at me. Can we talk alone?" She wiped her tears off. Alicia saw Max finding it hard to breath next to her. He clenched his hand into a ball on his lap and she held it with hers. He turned to Alicia and bit on his lip.

     "Can you go home? I'd like you to wait but you already look exhausted." He said to her.

     "It's fine. I can wait."

    "I won't take much of his time Alicia." She clearly said her name right in front of him. He looked at Alicia with that curious look and confusion and she stood up from the chair.

    "I'll be waiting." Alicia smiled at him and walked away. Dawn signed at her and she smiled at Dawn. She recalled how tensed he got. He knew about her. Everyone's been lying to her. She stood outside the Inn and brushed tears out of her eyes. This day started too good.

       Alia took a seat at where Alicia sat and she was so relieved to be filling her empty spot. She smiled at Maxwell and brushed a thin tear off. "It's been three days already. How are you feeling?" He stayed silent and calmed himself down. "Should I fill you in?" He looked straight at her.

     How his days has been was tiring. He had to fake smiles at Alicia and excuse himself to the bathroom to deal with his tantrums alone. He refused to think the images that were clearing up was really her. He refused to think he was really that kind of person. It all started from her and he was scared, the murders of the basketball players could really be her.

     "If you want to." He said.

    "Your girlfriend was supposed to tell you about me but it's okay. I know she didn't like me."

    "Alicia?" His eyes widened. "You've met Alicia?"

    "Yeah, countless times. I only thought with her help, she could do something about this."

     "About what?"

    "You have amnesia Max." She blurted out. He noticed for the past days and it hadn't been easy. "And half of it is my fault. I've been watching you from a distant, praying you start remembering who I was and what you're missing. Believe it or not, I'm the only one who can make you feel better." She smiled and held his hand. "You were my first love Max. I was the first for you too. The first person you ever loved and fucked and you loved me, more than anything." Maxwell pulled his hand away and looked down. Then why did she do all that? Why did she make him this way? "I still remember the first time we made love. It was the most beautiful moment in our life and you couldn't stop talking about it.."

     "Please stop." He mumbled. His heart ached. He didn't know how to deal with that. "How... did I end up like this?"

    "You simply got into an accident after graduation and I never heard from you again." She lied and he nodded. He looked at her with a smirk.

     This was how it was going to be huh? Even Alicia lied about her. She pretended she didn't know what was happening to him. She knew it all and let him suffer without a reason. He thought he was going crazy sometimes. Would it have hurt if she told him about Alia? Did she think he was going to look for her and Alia would be the one spending his money instead? Was that it?

     "How do you expect me to believe you? Any girl can walk up to me and tell me exactly what you're saying to me." Alia opened up her bag and pulled out her old phone from it. She placed it in front of him and waited for his reaction. He wasn't the only one who was up for games. She recited the number from one in her head, expecting his reaction.

     Maxwell looked at her and composed himself. He knew what that was and he knew what she was trying to do. He should have just killed her when he had the chance to. "That's it? Your evidence? An old phone?"

     "You really don't remember?" She asked. Alia was aware who the Maxwell Ross was. He was full of funny and silly games. The current emotion he showed, was clueless. "So you don't know what's in there?"

     "I thought you said I have amnesia."

    "Yeah right." She rolled her eyes. "I have our pictures there as well and videos you wouldn't like to see if only you remember any of it but you don't so I'll keep it to myself."

    "You're having fun with this aren't you?"

    "No. I really want you to remember what we owe each other. This fucking thing isn't helping me at all. If your weird family had given me the chance to show up around you, this would have been over. Your brother wouldn't have paid for something you did. I see you guys still haven't given him what he deserves."

    "Can you stop talking?"

    "No. We've lots to talk about. This place is closing soon. Let's head to somewhere else. Your 'Ali's' friend has been staring at us."

    "What if I don't want to? I have to go home and I'm not interested in this talk."

    "You should Maxwell. You know why?" She smirked. "Because I know every fucked up thing you did. I wish you had taken a look at what I've been keeping on this phone. And oh, your Ali," she air quoted. "She's a bad bitch. It's lovely how she's been keeping your secret and how you've been keeping hers. The problem here is, I know about everything and it's either you come with me or I go to her. Which one do you choose Maxwell?"

     "Fuck you." He sneered at her.

    "I won't bite. I promise." She smiled.

    "We're closing." Dawn announced from the counter seeing Max staring hard at Alia. "Right now." Alia shrugged at him and stood up.

    "Let's go booboo." She said. "Someone will be waiting."

    "Who?"

    "Someone on our side." He looked at her carefully and reminded himself of what she was made of. One look at her made him wished he had never regained his memory.