(108).

"My Family"

Alicia reconsidered paying a visit to her family. No matter what was going on, they were still her family and her brother and mother needed her the most. Her dad could go to hell for all she cared. Inside the room they spent the night in, she sat on the bed with Maxwell and she was contemplating on her decisions. Going there would bring lots of unwanted memories of Luke and her past life. She wasn't ready for the sorrows. Max held her hand on the bed and she turned to him. "What's wrong?" He asked and kissed on her hand.

"Do you ever feel like there's something missing in your family and your presence there would be a bad thing?"

"All the time. I don't know what your family is about but mine are the creepiest and they scare me a little and I ignore ever being the space with them. The thing is, they'll always be my family even if I change my name and skin color."

"You're right." She sighed. "I guess I have to go see them even if I hate it." Maxwell hugged her from the back and kissed on her neck.

"Do you want me to come with you?" He asked and Alicia turned her head to him. "I'm just asking."

"No, there's no way I'm taking you with me." She looked ahead of her with a sigh and Maxwell took his hands off her.

"Okay." He said slowly.

"They're going through a divorce and it'll be awkward to go over there with you." She explained herself. "I don't want you to see me talk back at my dad. It'll be embarrassing and if you're with me, I'll just shut up and not tell him what I've been bottling inside me and I'll forever regret not yelling back at him."

"I understand." He held her again and locked his fingers with hers. "Don't hesitate to let me know if you need me." Alicia smiled and turned around to sit on his laps. She kissed him on his lips and beeps coming from their phone stopped her. Maxwell picked out the phones and handed hers to her.

Unknown
Isn't it good to be obedient? You all proved to me you can be submissive and I love that. Until next time!

"That fucker." Alicia cussed out and put her phone down. Maxwell cupped her face in his palms and kissed her. "I don't know how long I can take this. Whoever this is knows what I did. He or she almost killed Dawn because of me and got Ryan involved too. I'm sick of being scared. Maybe I should just turn myself in."

"Alicia," Maxwell called for her and she looked at him. "I will take care of this. Don't ever think of doing something stupid." She nodded to him and he hugged her. "You're going to be okay babe. I promise." Promises were meant to be fulfilled and he was going to make sure of it.

•_•_•

Hours of anticipation, Alicia finally got home to a town she grew up in. A town that held so many painful and happy memories for her. She was back into her home and the joy most people had when finally returning home was lost in hers. She wasn't here for a good cause. She was here because that might be the last time her family ever get together.

The garden they all helped to grow had turn into a turmoil. The green plants had dyed out and the grasses were ashy. The lawns at the sides of the house had dyed out and her once beautiful home was just a house now. Taking a deep breath, she opened the door to her home and silence prevailed. Her brother would've been in the living room playing his video games and her mom and dad would've been sitting on the couch, talking about the unusual behaviors of their neighbors and making jokes. All these had faded away.