(113).

"Crazy, huh?"

       It didn't take long for Alicia to notice Maxwell marching up to her. She pulled her short dress down, tucked a strand of hair behind her ear and waited for a backlash from him. Maxwell smiled at her and reached his hands to her which surprised her. "Can this jerk take you on a date instead?" He politely asked and she declined with a head shake. "Ali,"

       "Please," she said. "Stop running into my life when I start getting over you. Stop making me look stupid."

      "We took a break, we didn't break up and I'm here now asking to take you on a date. Can't you see we both can't get over each other no matter how hard we try?" He asked, trying to make himself heard.

      "Exactly Maxwell! This time, I'm really trying to get over you because I'm really scared I can never stop this feelings for you no matter how many times you fuck me up. I'm scared of that more than anything in the world. I don't want to be crumped up in some corner for days and brooding over you. I can't take anymore of your hurt."

       "I'm trying..."

       "Don't try. Let's really take a break like you said when I came to you to talk to you. You looked at me like I disgust you. You didn't even try for us to talk about what happened. You discarded me Maxwell. It hurts."

        He scratched his hair and blew out a sigh. "I couldn't look at you." He said to her. "Yeah I tried to break up with you and I was serious about it. On a scale of one to ten, I was on the fifteenth of being serious."

       "So why are you here then? Your mind is made up. You broke up with me and I walked away so why are you here?"

     "I love you." He said calmly to her and she looked down. "And I'm fucked up. I hated how I reacted to you and you can't really blame me. I was jealous that motherfucker touched you and kissed you in front of me." He explained himself to her and she blew a raspberry. "Ali, I'm serious. I'm scared of hurting you. It might be physical."

      "You're just stupid." Alicia said to him. "Yeah you are. Cole told Dawn you're going to end things with me because they all believe you'll hurt me physically. I thought that was bullshit but you really proved to me how stupid you are. You let people define you and that's messed up. Look at me and tell me if you're ever going to do anything crazy to me. I promise to leave you alone."

       Maxwell looked at her and he couldn't concentrate. She had gotten prettier. So pretty up-close. "I don't think I will." He gulped.

      "I know what's going on with you and I'm going to help you out but I can't help if you don't let me in. Every problem comes with a solution. You just need a better psychologist." He watched her talk and he fantasized on her new look. It was now or never.

      "I fucked someone last night!" He loudly said to her and Alicia blinked at him.

     "Say what?"

     "I... fucked someone last night." He repeated in a calm way and Alicia gritted her teeth. "I was mad at you and trying to get all these feelings behind me called for a lot of things. I'm sorry."

      Alicia nodded her head to him and sighed heavily. "Cool," she smiled.

    "Cool? Are you not mad?"

      "Of course not!" She laughed. "Who is she?"

      "Palmer," he answered confusingly and she nodded again.

     "You just met her last night or you've been seeing her for days like what happened with Alia when you never told me?"

      "No, no. Palmer is like an ex. We just clicked."