(49).

"These Wishes"

      Max had been quite all day. He wasn't letting her in on what was going on with him. He couldn't figure it out either. This thoughts and feelings he had the previous night and how he felt the need to fuck her senseless was getting to him and he was sorry. He sat still and stared at one place for minutes. He sighed in his palm and got back to reading the book on the table. He got focused for a while and when his thoughts came back, he pushed the book to the floor angrily and cussed out.

     Alicia picked up her phone and sneaked to the balcony. She phoned his sister to let her know what the fuck was going on with him. "I tried talking to him and he hasn't said a word to me all day. I need to know what's going on if I'm going to be with him. He got weird last night and did things to me." She explained to her.

     "I hate to say this Alicia. You kinda remind me of her and the only solution to this is for you to stay away from him. He'll be so mad at me for doing this. We've all tried Alicia. He's not going to get better. She's stuck somewhere inside of him and maybe the only reason he's with you and being all over protective is because he doesn't want the same thing to happen to you and him. I hope you understand that."

    So... it was her fault? "Yeah... I do."

    "I'm counting on you Ali." Alicia approached Max in the bedroom and smiled at him.

    "Are you done?" She asked.

    "It's tiring." He answered with a sigh.

    "Let's play a game." He sat up. "I'll tell you about me and you'll do the same. Can you play?"

     "It sounds boring." She smiled again. "Let's do something better."

    "That's what I want to do. Let's start with the number of girlfriends you've had and who got your heart the most."

    "I had tons of them and none did. Why are we playing this?" He asked nervously.

     "I want to know. Do you remember their names?"

    "I think so." He mentioned the names of the girls he had and she knew them all in school. There was no mention of Alia. "They were not my girlfriend. It was just sex and I got tired of them after two dates. They were boring." He shook his head in disappointment.

    "No high school girlfriend?" She asked teasingly. "I had two in high school. I broke up with one and the other broke up with me after school. There's something called first love. You never had one?"

    "It's you." She nodded to the lie. He wouldn't know it's a lie if he doesn't remember his girlfriend. That was what he felt. He did not remember loving anyone like he did for her.

    "Why is it me when you had girlfriend's before me?"

    "You felt familiar." That was all she needed to hear. "Maybe I was wrong?" He shrugged and lay down on the bed. "I'm sure I never had a real girlfriend. People talk about their high school love like it's some kind of achievement. That thing annoys me. It never lasts. You all broke up like your boyfriend did."

     "You don't remember the pretty girls?"

    "They were all ugly."

    "You never had sex with any of them?" She faked a laugh and he sat up on the bed. Please try to remember what really happened. "Who's the first girl you fucked?"

     "Stop messing with me Ali." He held her and lay her next to him. "Are you jealous?" He teased.

     "A little." Because someone was still stuck in his heart. She was just a replacement. Will he let her go if she shows up? "You love me, don't you?" She looked right at him and he smiled. He kissed on her lips and held her face. "Do you?"

     "I do. I love you."

    "Don't stop loving me. No matter what happens."

     "Nothing is going to happen. Let's just keep this going."

•_•_•

      Alicia let them learn and have dinner together and then hit him up with an excuse of forgetting to do something for Dawn so she had to leave. He wasn't taking it lightly and she expected it. "I need you here Ali. You know I do. You can't leave me here all alone."

     "I'm sorry. It's kinda urgent."

     "This is urgent too. I don't want to take pills tonight. Please, stay with me." Luna made her believe the only way for her brother to be okay was for her to leave his side. Hearing him ask her to stay with him broke her down. The week has been hectic and she needed him too.

     "I'm sorry Max. I'll make it up to you. I promise." She picked up her handbag and headed for the door. He held her hand and pushed her to the door.

    "Don't you... like me anymore?" He bawled.

    "I do. I'm just going to see Dawn."

    "And him?"

    "I'm not going to him. Stop thinking like that. I don't even like him." She forced her way out of his grip and opened the door to leave. "Have a goodnight." She needed the space to breathe and think.