(63).

"That Lying Bitch"

       Maxwell curled Alia in his arms on the bed, running his fingers in her hair and making sure she was okay although she was finding it hard to breath. He remembered the first time it happened to her in school and how people stood around her without helping her out. Had he not got to her aid, the worst would've happened to her. "Max," Alia mumbled in the room and he looked at her. "I.. I really love you. And... I'm sorry for everything I did." She cried. He wiped her tears and pecked on her forehead.

      What he was sure of, was he still had that feeling bottled up for her. That feeling that hammers his heart and makes him guilty for having Alicia involved with him in the first place.

      Alia kissed him one more time hoping that won't be her last. Everything she was up to was stupid and she was doing it all for him. Although her breathing was coming in slow and heavy, she still wished she could hold on just for few more minutes. Everything will be fine then.

      Alicia thought of going back and letting her die but her family didn't raise an evil person. Her mom raised her to be a better person to the society no matter how much they hurt her. If she leaves, Max would be in trouble. He'll be questioned for Alia's death. She was doing this for Max. She cared less about the blonde bitch. She knocked on the door and took a sigh.

      Maxwell drew away from Alia and stood up knowing Alicia was there. He looked at Alia's sorry face and he went ahead and opened the door in a rush. He didn't have the time to have a chat with Alicia. He let her in and took the drug from her. She saw him panicking and how he couldn't look at her in the eye. Alicia watched Max hand over the inhaler to Alia. She walked closer and Alia was lying on the bed, breathing on her inhaler. Alia's clothes lay on the floor and she looked so pale and weak. Max sat next to her and she hugged him tightly as she breathed on it. He slowly patted on her back and whispering to her she was going to be okay. He refilled her inhaler with the drug Alicia got and her breathing was now coming out slow and relaxed. He lay her down on the bed and she grabbed his hand.

     "I'm not leaving." He pecked on her forehead and Alicia rolled her eyes at him. He watched her sleep and brushed hair out of her face. The girl he once knew was the sweetest girl he ever knew. Seeing her in pains cramped up his heart. Alicia could tell he still loved her. He stood up and got closer to Alicia and held her hand. "Can we talk?" He asked slowly knowing she was mad at him.

     "I don't have a choice, do I?" He was still holding onto her little hand starring at her. He walked with her and stood at the far end of the room. "We should stop this Max. I can't take it." She said.

     "Stop what? I know I've been off and acting strange since she came. This is hard on my side too. I need you to trust me Alicia. I'm trying to gather the pieces together and I can't do this if you make it hard for me. I don't know what I'm trying to find but I feel she's hiding something from me. She said my family made her miserable after what happened to me and she lost her dad in the process. I feel lots of things. Guilty, angry, hurt and betrayed." He explained, lying so she feels a little bit okay to the damage he made.

     "And what will you do when you find the truth in what she's saying?" She asked curiosly.

    "I haven't thought about that yet."

     "You've been lying to me since she came. You've been coming here with her when I wait for you to get your ass home. How do you want me to trust you when all you do is lie? How do you want me to feel Max? This is so hard on my side. It's just been days and you're making it so fucking hard to trust you. I've been going through a lot and this is the time I need you too. Whatever the fuck she's trying to do to you is working. I feel like you don't... want me anymore Max." Tears filled her eyes and she did well in trying not to let it fall.