(134).

"Choices"

        Maxwell's stomach heaved, knowing Alicia wouldn't fail to pull the trigger on him if she was being asked to. She would save her husband' over him all day, all night because all he's done in her life was to hurt her and bring her pain.

      "It's simple, isn't it?" The hoodie guy asked her and she nodded. "Do this and free yourself. You don't deserve what he put you through."

       "I know." She sighed.

       "I knew you were smart. All those people he murdered will finally be at peace including you. Trust me; he's not worth the sacrifice." He said and Alicia nodded again. Theodore just stared blankly at her and Maxwell's heart ached. Her giving this a chance alone was killing him. She did reconsider this and it killed him. There was a time he thought what they had was just magical and now, she didn't mind killing him just to be with another man. "Can you do this?"

       "Alicia," Maxwell blurted out in pain and she smiled at the hoodie guy. "Ali,"

       "It's easy. I don't owe him anything."

       "Good. You can walk away after this because if he's not dead, all these people waiting in line to avenge the death of their beloved ones will come for you next Alicia. He is not worth the suffering." And he gently handed her the gun, watching her reaction and eagerness to take Maxwell down. "I will be right behind you. Don't play smart on me. I've got loads on guns on me." Alicia nodded her head and took hold of the gun.

      Slowly, she pointed the gun at Maxwell, her hands shaking around it. "Ali,"

      "You're really doing this?" Theodore asked surprisingly.

      "We'll be free from him. Don't you want him dead too?" Alicia asked. Maxwell had tears in his eyes watching her point the gun at him.

      "He's still my brother. He always has been." Theodore said.

      "He doesn't see you as one Theo. All he cares about is himself. He wants you dead too. Remember how he watched us take you down? He could've prevented it but he just watched. He doesn't care about you and you shouldn't either!" Alicia spoke in her tears.

        "Alicia, don't. Don't let that psycho get in your head." Theodore begged for Maxwell's life.

       "Shut up!" Both Alicia and the hoodie guy said in unison.

       "It really got to this huh?" Maxwell laughed. A thin tear fell on his face and he wiped it off. "Like I said before, do what makes you happy. If that means getting me out of your way, then fine." He said.

        "Max, just shut up and let me handle this!" Theodore yelled at him. "Alicia, don't do this."

        "Why can't I do this? He almost took you away from me and ruined me. It took weeks for me to get back to myself. My whole life was ruined because I let him in. I really do hate him so much!"

        "Then what are you waiting for?! Fucking do it already! Throw me away like you always have and blame it on my flaws Alicia! Blame your life taking a different turn because all I did was love you!" Maxwell fumed.

        "I never asked you to kill people for me! And now that I think about it, what I felt for you wasn't love. I just loved the attention you gave to me because nobody ever did put me first like you did." Alicia said and Maxwell stayed quiet. They all did and she heaved a sigh. "Because I pitied you. You wanted attention as much as I did."

        "Can you... stop?" Maxwell lowly asked.

        "I won't lose anything if you're gone and finally out of our lives. You do deserve it anyway." She pointed the gun high enough to his head and he didn't let another word out. He just watched her, his heart hammering against his chest. "I'm sorry but you have to go." She said. Maxwell closed his eyes and his throat was all dried up. He heard his rapid heart beat loud in his ears and he molded a fist in his palms, clenching his teeth to his near death.