(2).

"The Beserk Mode"

    •_•_• (Max)
   For some reason, Maxwell's smile was not wearing off even when he stepped out of his car to the cafeteria. He did not expect another face of a spiteful girl he had been acquainted with before to show up to him after all the talks he gave to her. He took a step away from her and she was valiant enough to hold onto his hand.

    "Max, I thought this was a joke." She said with disgust, not understanding his cocky side to him.

   "Uh—" Damnit! He forgot another name and he had to ask, "Sorry.. who are you?"

   "What?" She laughed, clearly annoyed. She thought of hitting him in the balls if only that would make her feel better for all the fucks he gave to her just on the weekend. "We literally spent all weekend together and you're going to pretend not to know me?"

   "Do you remember anything I said to you?" He angrily asked with a scowl.

  "That was a joke.."

  "Was it?" He went into his beserk mode on her and she startled at his sudden mode. "We can do this the other way. I made myself clear, didn't I?"

  "But you.." She stammered.

   "You're brave aren't you?" She took steps back, suddenly frightened of the rumors she heard about him. She mumbled a Sorry and scrambled away.

    Maxwell took a sigh and cupped his face in his palms. A part of him, wished he was a better person. His life turned into a typhoon after his high school days. He felt the utmost emptiness deep within him and there was no one to correct him. His family sends him to therapy like a sick child, when what he really needed was for someone he really cared about to lend him a shoulder.

   "I'm so proud of you." He heard from Kiera behind him. She walked to face him and smiled. "You're doing good."

   "It doesn't feel that way." He confessed. She cupped his cheek in her right hand and urged him to look at her then she offered him a smile. "The headaches are coming back and all those pills are being abused. I'm really tired of this." He grumbled. "Nothing feels right!"

   "Maybe you're trying too hard. I've told you all these girls will mean shit to you after you're done with them. They'll be another musty thing in your life. What you're looking for isn't some random fucks because you get it all from me. What you really need, is to get to know who you truly are behind those masks." She pecked on his cheeks and sighed with him. "I'll be around with Kesha. She's having a brawl with Ryan."

   "Okay." She kissed him on the lip and walked away.

    Maxwell watched her leave and he walked into the cafeteria. From afar, he heard the chatterings of his loud friends. Cole was seated on the table, gisting them. Max walked to them and Ryan fist bumped with him. He took a seat next to him and looked around. The rest were so invested in Cole's 'unforgettable' weekend. Ryan pushed a canned drink to Max and his eyes were set on Cole. Max popped up his soda drink and sipped on it, halfway listening to the cock and bull stories at the same time looking around.

      Alicia Bell ran towards the cafeteria and from afar, Maxwell could see she was in a rush for food. forgetting she hadn't taken a bite all day. She opened up her bag, heading towards the food court and counting the coins in her palm.