(102).

"Rescue Team"

        "Dawn," Alicia panicked with fear, following the droplets of blood on the floor. She reached for her phone, contemplating to call the police to her rescue. Drops of water from the bathroom was the only sound she heard. "Dawn," she gulped at the mention of Dawn's name. She held her phone tightly in her hand and sneakily headed to the bathroom.

       The bathroom's door opened and Alicia shrieked with closed eyes. "Alicia," she heard Dawn call out her name and she opened her eyes. Dawn was in good shape. She had a towel wrapped on her head and was naked in front of Alicia.

      "You scared me. I thought something happened to you." She panted and Dawn laughed.

      "I almost lost my finger. Don't mind the blood. I'll clean it up." She headed to the bedroom to put on a dress and Alicia followed her. "Where were you? I thought you'll be in here when I get back."

    "I had to meet someone." Alicia answered and sat down on the bed.

      "Theo?" Dawn asked and Alicia shook her head. "Are you cheating on him?" He was dead Dawn!

      "I haven't seen him in a while. I'm... sure he's on some business vacation." Alicia answered and Dawn laughed. "How was work?"

      "Same old. Same old. Cole came by again."

      "Dawn, I am going to say this to you. Do not lead Cole on. He's still Ryan's friend." Alicia advised.

       "I'm not over Ryan yet and Cole is just been good to me because he feels bad for what happened between Ryan and I. We're good friends." She said with a shrug and Alicia nodded to her. It always starts with friendship and ends with being complete strangers to each other.

•_•_•

       After all damages are being done, repairing them takes twice the effort you put in and how to get back on your feet again becomes a challenge. Maxwell watched his old friends play his favorite game. He was going to take this chance to regain that friendship back. He walked to the field with vigor and as he expected, they all stopped playing and looked at him. Cole and Ryan together with the others all stood there staring at him. "Hey," he said.

      "What's up?" Cole asked.

      "Just hanging around. Thought we could play together." Maxwell said.

     "Play together?" Mason asked angrily. "Is this nigga serious?"

      "We all remember what you did to Alex, Durand and Jason. Why the fuck will we waste our energy and time on you?" Another asked as well.

      "Let's play." Ryan said and picked up the ball from the floor. "Why are you all standing?"

       "You're going to let him play with us after what he did to Kesha and our friends?" Mason asked again.

      "Ignoring him doesn't make you less human. You can quit if you want to." Ryan said to him and Mason laughed.

       "I heard you defended him in court. You two did this together didn't you?"

      "Hey!" Cole warned and Ryan put the ball down. "That's enough! Get the fuck out if you want to."

      "It's fine, I'll just go." Maxwell said and Ryan looked at him.

      "You're just going to walk away because of some pussies?" Ryan asked. "If you're going to be my friend again, you better act like your fucking self and stop putting up with their insults!"