(7).

"Help"

     Ryan and Cole stood in dismay as cops examined the field which was turned into a crime scene with yellow banners all over. Ryan slammed his face and heaved a sigh. Kesha and Kiera ran in to where they stood and Kesha hugged Ryan for comfort. Kiera took time in analyzing what was going on. She mumbled a cuss and looked at Ryan.

     "Where's Max?" she asked.

     "He took off with some girl." Cole answered.

     "He had the gut to fuck around when this is going on?" she huffed.

    "Do you all believe he really did this?" Kesha asked.

      "We're trying." Cole answered and Kesha stared at Ryan.

     "He's your friend. You'll know if he did this or not. That temper of his really needs to chill."

      "He didn't do this." Ryan answered.

      "Then who did?" Cole asked.

      "Leave that to the cops. We've to sit with him and ask him that. If the stupid rumors keeps going around, he'll be the first thing they suspect. It's our job to stop the fire from erupting. Do you get me?" Ryan said.

     "We do." Kiera answered. She stepped away from her friends and dialed Max's number. He didn't pick up her first call.

     He was in thoughts in his cold room knowing he pushes anything that ever gets close to him.

      Kiera dialed his number again, biting on her lower lip. He wasn't answering her calls and she cussed out aloud. "Guys, I've to go and see him. He's getting me worried. He'll fuck up again if we leave him alone like always. I'll meet you up with him at Ryan's." Kiera said in a rush, breathing out loud in between her words.

    "Kiera, we all know you still love him and he's made it clear it's never gonna happen. You should let him go." Kesha said as a concerned friend. She wasn't the only one who noticed Maxwell didn't want anything to do with Kiera anymore. "He won't be that guy for you. He doesn't care about anyone than himself. We know this and you know this too." she advised. Ryan was rubbing on Kesha's backside.

     "We all believe he'll change someday, don't we?" Kiera smiled at them and walked away.

     "She's getting stupid." Kesha groaned.

     "Let's leave. She'll bring him." said Ryan.

•_•_•

      Alicia sat with Dawn at Rosie's Inn, sighing over a piece of cake in between them. "I think I drunk too much." she hiccuped and rubbed her fingers on her tummy. "I'm just angry, not hungry."

     "Sure. This is just a piece of cake." Dawn laughed.

      "I should go and see him."

       "Who?"

      "Just some guy." she shrugged her shoulders and stood up. "See you later Dawn." she pecked on Dawn's cheeks and picked up her bag.

      Just as she stepped out of the Inn, her phone rung in her bag and she reached for it. She answered the call from an unknown and cleared out her throat. "Alicia, darling how are you doing?" There was familiarity in the voice.

    "I'm good. Uh.. do I know you?"

     "Darling, it's Luke's mother." she almost dropped her phone. "Did that imbecile come to see you?"