(80).

"I Cheated"

Hopes that Maxwell will get better, didn't exist to him. His therapist bores him out with lengthy talks and it was getting tiring for him. There was no way he could get that night off his head and deal with this. These memories, they crept inside of him and makes him punch every living being who walks his way. He wanted to get out of it.

He got out of the bedroom and watched Alicia sleep in the couch. He sat down in the chair next to her and watched her pretty face in slumber. He feared many things. To hurt her again and to watch her walk out of his life all over again. He feared what she will think of him if he lets her in. He feared, she will stop caring and loving him.

He watched over her sleep till daybreak and got into his clothes. Waking her up will be hard to say another goodbye. For someone he used to go to bed with, wake up with and share a plate of food with, leaving her again tormented him. He thought it was going to be easy on the decision he made of letting her go. Wasn't it funny how he was the one who kept running to her and breaking down in front of her? She was someone he hurt and she still embraced him when he needed her to. That was what he wanted from her wasn't it?

Why did he not feel complete and okay with this? Why was he making them go through this again? Why can't he just fucking understand what he really wants?

       He went on his knees next to the couch and tucked her hair out of her face. She moaned in her sleep and clicked her tongue against her teeth like kids do in their sleep. He found that cute about her. She does that every time in her sleep. He picked up his phone and took another picture of a sleeping Alicia. His gallery was filled with pictures of a typical her on every normal day. He even had pictures of her using the bathroom.

What he was scared of, was loosing memories of someone he wanted to be with again. These pictures, made him smile and laugh. It brought sense of relief to him and he thought of getting them into a video where he can watch her every day as she live her life without him. Maxwell put the phone back in his pocket and stood up. He was getting glued to the floor. He leaned forward to her and pecked on her forehead.

"Be safe." He whispered.

His feet carried him away from her and headed for the door. He held the doorknob and heard her mumble his name. He gently opened the door and stepped out of the apartment. He closed the door without making a sound and heard her get up from the couch. He heard her ran up the stairs, calling after him and she came down again, screaming his name.

"No Max. Please don't do this anymore." She cried and slumped in the couch. He could not take any more of her sorrows. He brought this upon her and going further with her, was going to break her down. He could not guarantee her happiness.

       Irrespective of the relationship he had with her, he was under no obligation of making her happy although he had the riches to make up for.

He drove to his apartment and opened his door with a head down. Alia stood up from the couch and walked to him. He watched the devil disguised as an angel. Are they all not pretending so well?

Years ago, he remembered her telling him how his friends disgusted her and how she had no interest in them. He should've known it was all an act to keep him from seeing the real her. He was mad at himself, for standing behind his emotions and taking actions that night.

"I was worried about you." She hugged him and patted on his back. "Are you okay?"

"Yes. Why wouldn't I be?" He smiled at her. "Do you remember any of my friends from school? I can't seem to remember if I had any." She held onto him tightly. "Alia,"