(87).

"Turn Back Time"

       In a place where you wonder if you're going to be convicted and forced to live a life you never wanted was where Ryan was and before him was Kesha's mom. He willingly walked into the police station an hour ago and all the questions they had asked, made his head ache. "Ryan, I know how much my daughter loved you and I know how much you loved her too. They all believe you know why this happened to her. Please, just tell them what they need to know. Please do this for Kesha." Kesha's mom pleaded with him.

       "I've told them all I know."

      "Is the person who did this threatening you? You can tell me about it. I'll do all I can to make sure you're safe." Ryan shook his head and bowed his head. "Who did this to her?"

      "I really don't know. She's my girlfriend. If I knew who did this to her... I wouldn't stay still. I can't get my head around this. It's too hard to." Kesha's mom held his hand and his tear dropped. "All these questions makes me feel like I should've done better for her. Maybe I should've drove her to you and come back home when she told me she'll be going to her family. I..." he wiped his tears. "I thought she was okay on her own. I really thought she'll be okay." He burst into tears and Kesha's mom did her best to comfort him. His tears made her cry too.

•_•_•

      Jake knocked on the door to Maxwell's apartment and Alia opened it up for him. She got him a knife so he could break the door open. Jake attempted for minutes, sweating at what Max could've done to himself. He pushed the door open and Alia ran inside. Maxwell was lying on the floor and bottles of pills scattered on the floor.

     "Oh my God! Max!" She screamed and knelt before him. She raised his head up and placed it on her laps. "Max," she called. "Jake is he okay?" She cried. Maxwell slowly opened his eyes and his blurry view and cloudy thoughts didn't allow him to speak.

       Jake helped Alia get him on the bed and she sat close to Maxwell shedding tears. She held on his hand and kissed on it smudging her tears on his hand. "I'm sorry Max," she said in tears. "I wish I could turn back time. I'm really sorry."

       Maxwell opened his eyes to the murmurs he heard. The drugs he took was taking him into slumber and he heard soft cries of a voice he was familiar with. It took him into thinking of years ago, years he knew he was loved more than any other person on this earth. Years when he was a free spirited guy with good intentions like any other human and days he gave all the love back to the rightful owner. His high school years was the most pleasant part of his life and not remembering any of that for years, did some damage on his brain.

      "Was it all... not worth it?" He asked. Alia held his hand tightly and shook her head. Her tears dripped on his hand and she felt truly sorry. "I don't think it... was. You still lie. You're still lying to me. That's all we've been doing. That's all everyone has been doing."

       "Do you.." she looked back at Jake and looked at Maxwell. "Do you remember?"

     "I just know you're lying to me." Even in his faulty state, he knew how to play along to her games. He closed his eyes and the drugs were having a toll on him. "You're right that it is your fault and I'm sorry for hurting you too." He pulled his hand off and turned himself on the bed.

      "Max,"

     "I didn't mean to. If I had gotten to know I... killed you too, I don't think I could've lived with myself."

      "It's fine. It's good that you're remembering. I'm tired of hiding it too." He nodded his head. She sat beside him and waited for him to fall asleep due to the number of drugs he took. Jake leaned on the wall and sighed.