(46).

"This Was Stupid Of Me"

      Max seemed angry and confused at what Jake said. The idiot talked like he knew who he was. Alicia asked about some Alia he had no idea about. He only had a stupid dream that night and this name felt familiar when Alicia mentioned it.

     She was confused too. Jake seemed to know more about Max than she did. She should confront him after the lectures Max and her were having together. Everyone was staring and whispering. He was sitting next to her and pretending like he was paying attention. He was flicking a pen in his hand and sighing. "Why's everyone staring?" He asked her.

     "Your highness can't be seen with a commoner." She explained to him and he nodded.

     "Should I make you the queen?"

    "Stop playing around."

   "I'm serious. Luna said we should get married. Haven't you thought of it? We should right?" He puts the pen down and leans forward to her. "You don't want to marry me?"

    "Why are you being so weird?" She fanned herself with the book and sighed. He smiled prettily at her.

    "Is everything okay there Mr Ross?" The lecturer asked.

     "Yes. I was asking her to marry me." She stepped on his foot and he groaned. Everyone stopped whatever they were doing and turned to them.

     "And What did she say?" A girl asked.

    And he answered. "She said I'm weird."

   "Ugh!" Alicia put her head on the desk and shut her eyes tightly. This was weird.

    "Why?"

    "Is she crazy?"

    "I'll marry you." She covered her ears too and he laughed.

      It didn't get less after lectures. They all asked if they were dating and his answer was hell yes. He snobbed Ryan and Kiera and sat her down in the car. He didn't need them.

    "I'll call you." He waved at them and sat down. "What do you want to do?"

    "Let's go the library. Exams starts next week."

    "I can teach you new things at home." He winked.

    "Drive to the library." He obeyed and they set off to the library. They spent less than three hours there. An hour was spent on learning, an hour spent on talking and the next hour was spent on sleep.

    "I'm never coming here again. They've some pills in here." He yawned. They grabbed dinner at Rosie's Inn. She informed Dawn she'll be working with her once the exams was over and she was excited as she was. Max drove her back to her hostel and there was another gift waiting outside for her. She angrily opened it up and a text was on it as usual.

~~You're one brave girl Alicia. He will never be yours. Try harder than this~~

     "I don't know who sent this. Someone must be playing with you. Why do you think I'm hiding something from you?" He asked. He really had no idea.

    "She said you are."

    "And you believed her?"

    "You give me reasons to." She opened the door and he was still standing outside. She didn't trust him.

    "Can we talk about this later? You should stay with me tonight."

    "Okay." She was scared to sleep alone anyway. No need to argue about it. She picked up few clothes in her handbag and her books. She locked the door and went away with him in his car. They were not saying a word about it. She felt he lies about everything going on with him. He said he fixed it when she got the first text. He called Alia in his sleep and asked her not to go. All these didn't make sense to her.

      Max parked the car at the lot and she was the first to get out of it. He shook his head and she went ahead without him. She thought she heard him follow. She got into the elevator and he wasn't the one who followed. A man who looked to be in his late forty's and a young man in the thirty's joined her in the elevator and he smiled at her. She looked ahead and Max wasn't coming. The door was closing and he wasn't showing up. She assumed he was 'taking' care of her gift sender and telling her to shut up about them. She pressed on the button and sighed angrily.

     "You're new." The man said and she nodded. She wasn't ready for chit chats with people. She looked at his brown briefcase and the shirt he was wearing. Work must be tiring for him. She was humming in her head. Elevator rides were awkward. The thirty's man was playing video games on his phone. How cute.

     The door opened on the third floor and she stepped out of it. The men stepped out too and the forty's started making a call on his phone to his sweetheart. She envied this man for being this cheerful over his lover at his age. Max and her hadn't gotten to any stage in their relationship and they already had doubts and silly arguments. She pulled out the key card and inserted it till the door dinged as always.

     Alicia walked in and before she closed the door, someone held it from outside. She looked at the shoe at the door and realized it was the forty's shoe. He pushed the door forward and the thirty's came in on his own. They both walked in and the thirty's closed the door. He was nodding in a smile.

     "Do you need something?" She asked, trembling. Their eyes from earlier had changed. It was scary one. He moved forward and smiled at her. She reached for her phone in her bag and the thirty's snatched it from her. She gasped and he took the bag from her. She was shaking and the forty's was looking around, smiling to himself.

    "This place will do." Forty's said and thirty's grabbed her hands and turned her around. She was tearing up knowing she was going to die before Max walks in.

     "Get me all the good things here if you want to live." He whispered to her . His big hands were choking her.

    "I don't live here." She managed to say. The motherfucker grabbed her butt licking on her neck. "Please stop." It was very disgusting. Her face was wet with tears. She should've waited for Max. This was what her anger did to her. "Please." She begged.

     "Let's do this the easy way. I get to fuck you while my boss gets all the money here." She shook her head and he pushed her. "Stop being stubborn. I'm being nice to you."

    "I don't live here." She cried. "I don't know where the money is." He slapped her on the left and his boss yelled at him to take it cool with her.
"Please believe me." Her cheeks were burning from the slap. He pulled out a gun from his jean and pointed it to her. "Oh my God!." She screamed. "Please put it away." She cried and they laughed.

     "I'll put it away if you be a good girl." He held her again, running his calloused hand on her face. It agitated her and she couldn't do shit.

Max where are you? Someone should please get her out of there.

      "We can do one at a time. Let me fuck you first." He licked his cracked up pale lips and she almost puked. He aggressively tore her top apart and she was going down on her knees not able to stand his ugly face.

     The door dinged and she was able to breathe again. Thirty's grabbed her hair and dragged her to the kitchen. She was breathing so fast she thought her heart will burst out of her chest. She heard Max walk into the bedroom and come out again, calling her name. "Bitch why didn't tell me someone will be coming over?" The thirty's glared at her. The forty's was busy cocking the gun thirty's pulled out.

      "I... told you I...don't live here." She stuttered and he slapped her again.

     "Shit, I planned not to kill anyone tonight." Forty's said and her heart skipped a beat. Tears ran down her face again and she had never been this scared in her life before. She had wished for Max to come and get her out of there without thinking of the possibilities of them taking one of them out. She wished again, for him to walk out. She was sure Forty's will do something crazy if Max shows up.