(128).

"Our Family"

        Maxwell held the doorknob and opened the door to let Theodore in. Theodore thanked him by the door and Maxwell locked the door again. "First of all, I'm sorry..."

      "Cut me the bullshit and get to the necessary questions." Maxwell said to him. Theodore slammed his face with a sigh. "Why are you not asking dad about your mom? I am not the right person for this question. And before that, how the fuck did a dead and buried man come out alive?"

      "Oh that?" He smiled. "I knew something like that was going to happen. I had backup. You know I've had connections in a while, doing the dirty work for our family." He quoted the last word and Maxwell rolled his eyes at him.

       "So you had people watching us? You're really a snake huh?"

      "It's called being smart Maxwell. I was lucky to be alive when they got there. Your friends really fucked me up."

      "Whatever. I don't know where your mom is. Leave now. I need some sleep." He said to Theodore. "I'm not kidding."

       "At least tell me what happened to her? Is she dead?"

       Maxwell laughed loudly. "Yo, I was not your mom's keeper. You're not thinking that I had something to do with her disappearance do you?" Theodore cocked an eyebrow at him and Maxwell scoffed. "I can't believe this. Man, your mom and our dad were arguing that night. I have no fucking idea what they were talking about,"

         "They talked about me."

       "Good. Now that you've got your answer you can leave now." He pushed Theodore towards the doorway.

       "Did you see your mom around that night?" Maxwell let go off him at his question. "You did, right? Max please tell me what happened. I haven't heard from her in years and I don't want to believe she just disappeared because she wanted to. I know my mom. She will never leave without telling me. I've been searching for her for years and nothing comes up. I am tired and I need answers now."

      "I'm sorry. I can't help you."

       "Max please..."

       "Shut the fuck up Miles! I cannot fucking help you! I don't owe you a fucking explanation so fucking leave already!" Maxwell yelled at him. Theodore took in a deep breath.

       "We're getting married." He stated and Maxwell gulped. "In few weeks and I really wanted my mom to be present. I know you and I have had our differences... a lot and I'm sorry about a lot of things as well. At the party, I didn't make that decision alone. She wanted this and I'm sorry."

        "Why are you telling me?" He gritted his teeth.

       "Because I do love her. She's not doing this because she hates you or because she still feels something for you, she's doing this because that's what she wants and I'm not forcing her. I want you to know that."

      "It's fine. You can go ahead and marry her." Maxwell smiled at him. He watched Theodore leave the room and he hurriedly picked up his phone from the bed. He dialed his dad's number and heaved in a sigh. "Dad," he said. "Miles knows something."

      "What?!" His dad furiously asked. "What did you tell him Maxwell? You let your stupid temper get to you again didn't it?"

      "I swear I didn't tell him anything. He just came to me for answers." His dad cussed out on the phone. "She's not dead, is she?"

       "That is my problem Maxwell. Get out of that hotel and it's either you come home or get yourself into an apartment, do you get me?"

     "Yes sir." He replied and heard the call beep. Maxwell sat down on the bed and events that unfolded that night found a way to his head.