(98).

"He Knows"

        Meeting with an ex lover or ex sex mate or whatever they were before, sucked! Alicia crossed her legs on the chair in front of Jake at this Cafe outside of school and all she did was frown at him. "Tick tock motherfucker, start talking." She said to him and he sighed. He wrapped his palms around the warm cup of coffee before him and picked it up to take a sip. She glared at him and he gently put it back down.

       "You should know I never wanted to lie to you..."

       "Cut me some bullshit and tell me why the fuck your wanted to meet me up here. You didn't want your secret lover to know? Is that it?"

        He sighed before he spoke. "What happened with Dawn was something someone will say an accident. We were both two lonely horny souls. She was never my lover or whatever you call it."

       "So you two met up in her apartment and decided to just fuck around? How old do you think I am?" She angrily asked and he sighed in his palms.

      "I know you wouldn't believe me but that's one of the reasons why I called you here." She eyed at him and looked away. "Have you been getting these texts too?" He pulled her mind back to him. He noticed she had too with the sudden interest on her face. "We all have. Someone knows what we did. I don't know what you did but they said it's bad enough too. Shouldn't we stick around?"

       "I can protect myself. Mind your business."

        Jake pushed forward in his seat and bored eyes with hers. "Did you... kill someone?"

       "I said mind your business Jake!"

      He sat up and nodded his head. "If you really did, then this is going to come out. I do not know what those people gave to Max but I do not believe he's changed. He can be pretending with us all, trying to get back at us. I think he knows we fucked up, literally."

       Alicia bit the inside of her lips. "Do you... think Max is behind this?"

       "Hasn't he done worse?" He shrugged at her and sipped his coffee. "I don't mind getting you back Alicia but right now, we need each other. We could end up in jail or worse be dead soon and I don't want that. I don't want to go around snooping and scared some psycho might put a bullet through my head at night. We should do something."

      "What should I do?"

      "You need Max."

      "No I don't!" 

      "You do. Trust me, you really do. Don't believe he's a changed person. He's more deadly than before and he could be behind all these. He wants attention and you're going to give it to him."

      "Your crazy sister can suit his needs. I don't want to be around him anymore." He smiled slightly at her and she eyed at him.

      "I see you're still jealous."

       "Fuck you." He laughed.

       Even in her anger, she still waited so they walk out of the Cafe together and it surprised both when they met Maxwell across the street. He was in black clothings again and had an earpiece to his ear. He wasn't smiling and wasn't frowning either. He just turned around and walked away. "What the fuck was that?" Alicia asked. "Why is he acting so weird?"

       "You see why you should talk to him?"

       "Yeah. I'll call you." She said to him and silently followed Maxwell to wherever he was going to. He put on his hood cap and walked through the midst of people, dodging their touches and squeezing himself so he doesn't touch them. Alicia hurried her steps as he hurried his and walking for minutes, he stopped at an alley. It was like he was waiting on her and her stomach churned when he turned to her.