(43).

"That Breakup"

A car drove past Alicia and stopped in front of her. She wiped the tears off and knew that was Jake's car. He stepped down from the car and walked towards her. He had bruises on his face. She knew from the look of it that he was beaten up. "Let me take you home." He offered in a smile. His lips were cracked up as well. She got closer to him and he smelt like heat patches. Someone beat him up for sure.

"Alicia, don't do this." Max said from behind. She walked to Jake's car and before sitting in, Max held up her hand, dragging her away from the car. "Can we just fucking talk!" He roared. "Why do you always go to him when you're mad at me? Do you know how that makes me feel?"

"This doesn't suit you Max. Let go off me."

"I'm not letting you go. It's okay to be mad at me. I was a jerk and a douchebag like you said. Can't we fix this?"

"You must think I'm stupid." She took her hands off.

"Don't do anything stupid with him Ali." She eyed at him and got inside Jake's car. Jake joined her and she turned her head, facing the window. She blinked and all the tears poured on her dress. She covered her mouth to stop the whimpering sounds. It was uncontrollable. In the car, all she heard was her wails, although Jake sat in there with her. He tuned in to music and aided her to cry all she wants.
Maxwell turned back to his friends and scowled at them. "You don't fucking listen do you?" He frowned at Cole.

"Hey chill. I thought you were not serious about her."

"Then you should've just fucking listen to me! Do you know how fucking hard I tried to make this work? You just had to ruin it all for me didn't you?! Why in the fuck will you go around spreading stupid rumors? Are you a stupid kid? You're such a fucking dick Cole. I swear, if she hates me all over again, I'm going to fucking kill you." He pushed him out of his car and everyone looked at him surprisingly.

"Hey, I didn't know. I'm sorry. I'll fix this somehow."

"Get the fuck out of my face." Ryan held his hand and he brushed him off too. "I don't need this right now."

"Let me come with you. I can talk to her."

"I don't need any of you! You all fucked me up!" He sat in his car and angrily started the car.

"Max," he honked at them and drove away. She was going to hate him. He knew she will.

•_•_•

"That motherfucker!" Dawn cussed out at the Inn. The customers turned to them and she didn't mind. She was fuming. Alicia put her head on the table, unable to look at Jake's judgy eyes. He held her hand and she stayed still.

"You've to go to a hospital. You don't look good." He said.

"I'm fine."

"Hey, what happened to you?" Dawn asked him.

"Nothing." He answered.

"I'll be right back. You've to tell me what really happened to you." She left them alone to serve.

"Is he always this aggressive?" He asked.

"I don't want to talk about him." Alicia sat up in the chair and wiped tears out with the tissues. She took a careful look at his face. Those were punches. "You got in a fight, didn't you?"

"I wouldn't look like this." He answered with a grin.

"What happened to you?" She sniffed.