(129).

"The Bad Wolf"

     "Son of a fucking bitch!" Maxwell paced in his room, kicking anything his eyes set on. He badly wanted to confront Theodore this which he knew he would fucking kill him if he starts talking to him. Theodore told Alicia Maxwell had a hand in Piper's death when he knew shit about it. It was making him so angry.

      And stupid Alicia had believed him. "They fucking deserve each other!" Maxwell sat down on the bed and curled a fist. He didn't know how to get over this and he didn't know how to react to it. His old self would've let Alicia know the kind of person Theodore was so they break up their so called fucking wedding and his new self was trying not to do anything that will make Alicia hate both of them or, worse, get hurt. "What should I do?" He blurted to himself. Maxwell slammed his face and groaned out. Was it better to leave this unsaid? Will she be okay? "Fuck this!" He picked up his phone and texted his dad.

Max
I'm leaving tomorrow...

     He sent and lay down on the bed. "This is better." He mumbled.

•_•_•

      As promised, Maxwell put his daughter first before anyone. He left the hotel, moved into an apartment with Alia and his daughter. Cora needed both parents around her and Alia and Maxwell had agreed to give each other their privacy while being around Cora. Things started off slow with them and it seemed they both had the same motive for Cora. It was more like friends being a parent to a child.
And for days, Max had his phone on silent, attending to Cora and going on little family picnics with his little family.

       His therapy sessions were shaping him into being a good person and being a dad to his daughter. Whatever nonsense was going on with Alicia and Theodore, he didn't want to be part of it. He was done sacrificing his life for people who didn't care enough about him. Although Alia still wanted to have a relationship with Maxwell, he let her know having sex with her wasn't what he needed. He wasn't ready to lead her on when he knew his feelings for her were long gone.

        Inside their kitchen, Alia leaned on the kitchen island and Maxwell stood in front of her. She was looking down, not being able to look at him. "We should go to bed." Maxwell said to her.

       "You still like Alicia?" She asked. Maxwell remained silent. Answering this was just stupid.

      "She's getting married." He said.

       "I asked if you still like her. I don't care what she's getting herself into. You always avoid this question..."

       "Because I don't want to fucking think of her okay!" He yelled out. "Fuck Alia. We've talked about this."

      "We haven't."

      "We did." He argued. "And you obviously can't keep her out of your mouth. She's no longer in my life and you try so fucking hard to get me angry."

      "Then just answer the question Max. It's that simple."

       He grumbled at her. "I don't like her anymore. It's been three fucking months now and I'm done. Don't get on my nerves." He frowned at her.

      "You don't want to admit you're hurt she's been fucking your brother. The same way you didn't want to admit she was fucking Jake when you left her. All you do is hurt yourself over her when she easily moves on. You're a fucking pussy for liking her when she is getting married to your brother!" Alia said angrily.

     "Shut the fuck up Alia!" He roared at her and she stepped forward to him.

      "You're never going to move on. Face it." Maxwell gritted his teeth and mellowed his fists.

||Pretenders||☄️On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara