(26).

"She Did"

     Inter-alia, Ryan was seated next to Kesha in his living room with Max, Kiera and Cole. They were all interested in what Kiera and Cole were talking about except for him. He received Dawn's message and excused himself from Kesha. She eyed at him and smiled at Kiera who's eyes were on both of them.

     "Okay so basically.." She continued.

Ryan
Are u okay tho?

Dawn
Yeah, totally. It's not like you care.

    He opened his fridge and pulled out a bottle of water. He turned his back to Kesha and gulped down his water, thinking of what to send to Dawn.

Ryan
I do. I don't want to complicate things.. but I really want to see you. Maybe talk things out with you. I don't know.. I guess I miss you.

Dawn
Stop, don't do that. I'm good. I'm meeting someone too.

Ryan
Who?

     He texted and patiently waited for her to text back at him. He could not imagine Dawn getting intimate with someone else and at the very same time, did not want to let go off Kesha for many possible reasons.

Ryan
I'm coming over.

     He put his phone in his back pocket and walked away from the kitchen. "You going somewhere?" Kesha asked.

    "Yeah." He replied, not looking back.

    "Let's go together." She said.

    "No, I'll be back soon." Maxwell leaned in the couch and knew Ryan was lying. He could see through him. He raised his eyebrow at Ryan and Ryan shrugged his shoulders at him.

    "We're all having a good time here. Where are you going?" Kesha asked and Ryan sighed.

     "I'll go with him." Max said and stood up. Kiera held his hand and he pecked on her cheeks. "I know we still have a date tonight. I'm not going nowhere. I'll be back with him soon." She smiled and let go off his hand. Ryan and Maxwell stepped out of the house and Ryan turned to Max.

    "You know, don't you?"

    "Yeah. You're getting in a lot of trouble. Kesha would kill you if you keep lying to her. Don't fuck up Ryan."

    "Already have. We're just going to talk." Maxwell nodded knowing that was a lie.

The hoeing symptoms; Ryan will not be able to resist Dawn if they get too close one more time. If they both are able to stop themselves from fucking, he'll have regrets when he gets home and will want to do it the next time they see each other. The chances of them fucking again, was a ninety.

     "Do you have condoms?" Maxwell asked.

    "You're not telling Kesha?"

    "It's your decision." He walked to his car and got condoms from his backseat. "I'll be around." Ryan nodded and took the condoms from him. They sat in his car and he drove Ryan to Rosie's. He loved to step out too and go see Alicia but he did not want to. He would rather stick to the hoeing life than get involved with a girl he knew he would hurt badly. Maxwell has been trying to stick his feelings in the trash and the result; it was not going well. He hated every second of his life. He hated how he was punishing himself for a girl who did not care much about his feelings.

•_•_•

     Dawn waved at Alicia and bid her goodbye for the night after their work. She drew out her phone and Ryan's message appeared.