(114).

"My Doubts"

       Once you're into something you really want, crazy little things gets in the way which makes it impossible to keep them going. Things like having doubts about your girlfriend and receiving daily messages from a creep who was keen on making everyone's life miserable.

      "This shit isn't a joke anymore." Dawn repeated at Rosie's inn seated with Max, Alicia and Ryan. "I really appreciate the cops staking out at my apartment but I still get scared especially when Alicia has barely been home." Dawn said, looking at Alicia. "Your friend needs you baby girl. That dick can wait for a while."

      "I'm sorry Dawn." Alicia said and Dawn sighed. Ryan sipped on his cold beer and leaned in the chair. "I thought you'll be with Cole."

      "I told you I'm not comfortable spending all day with him." She said in a low tone to Alicia and Alicia set her eyes on Ryan. "Not him too." Alicia laughed. "Max, you need to have my back here."

      "I'm sorry but I love spending all day with my girlfriend too. Can't keep my hands off her." Maxwell said and held Alicia's hand on the table.

     "So no one cares if I die?" Dawn asked.

      "Why don't you hang out with Ryan instead? He doesn't have any meaningful thing to do." Maxwell suggested and Dawn and Ryan looked at each other.

       "I'll pass." They said in unison and Alicia stifled a laugh.

     "Did you two fuck again?" Alicia asked.

      "I will rather count the hair around my butthole than fuck with him again." Dawn said angrily and Maxwell and Alicia burst out laughter.

      "You want to bet on it?" Ryan asked and Dawn pulled his bottle of beer to her side. She gulped the remaining content down and wiped her mouth clean.

      "You don't turn me on anymore. My boyfriend does." She said to him and stood up from her seat. "Now excuse me." She pushed him out of her way and got back to work.

     "Dawn," Ryan called for her.

    "What?!"

    "I need a refill." He said and Maxwell just shook his head at him. "What? She drunk my beer."

      "You still love her dude. You can't even deny that."

      "I do not love her. If she was anyone else's girlfriend things would've been different. We both know this is Cole's first serious relationship and I don't want to ruin it for him. He will forever hate me if he even gets to know what we did."

      "You're not going to tell him, right?" Alicia asked and Ryan sighed. "She doesn't want him to know, Ryan. He shouldn't get to know. You guys should just admit you were both drunk or something and let it go. She likes Cole."

      "I know that Alicia. God! I can't wait for school to be over so I can get out of here. I have to get away from her before we do anything silly again." Ryan sighed heavily and he watched Dawn at the counter, smiling at a customer and taking orders.

      Alicia's phone beeped continuously again and she picked it up from the table. Max tried to find out who has been texting her days in a row and she turned the phone down. She stood up from her seat and Max held her hand.

      "Where are you going?" He asked.

     "I have to make a call." She pecked on his forehead and sprinted out of the Inn. Max gritted his teeth and sighed in his palms.