(119).

"The Wait"

       A week flew by and everything was still the same. Piper was in hiding knowing the cops were on her tail and Alicia was still on the sick bed. Maxwell's patience had been ran out and Theodore's constant visits to Alicia was starting to irk him. Anytime they see each other, his temper goes on a hundred and Ryan would be the one separating them from biting each other's head off.
Piper was still out there and Maxwell knew Alicia wasn't safe. He wondered how a mere girl could be so brave to do all that. It bothered him a lot. The cops were trying to find her but it was all in vain. Maxwell was afraid he had to take matters into his own hands.

       He picked his phone up from the bed Alicia was lying on and called for John. "Sir," John answered the call.

       "I want you to find someone for me. This is urgent. She's Piper and I'll send you her picture and the little details I know about her."

     "Okay sir."

      "John, this is urgent. Call me once you find her."

       "Okay sir." Maxwell hanged up and sent Piper's picture and details to John. The door opened and Ryan walked in with food.

       "Max," Ryan called.

      "Hey," Maxwell said and focused on texting John.

      "Who are you texting?" Ryan asked.

      "John." He finished and put down the phone. He looked at Alicia and saw her finger twitch on the bed for the sixteenth time. "Is she not supposed to wake up now?"

     "She will but why are you texting John. You promised not to do any silly thing."

      "Yeah and I'm keeping my promise by staying close to Alicia. I'm not going to fuck up. You can stop worrying." Maxwell stood up from the stool and sat next to Ryan. They started eating their food and Maxwell's eyes were on Alicia. "What if she's doing this to punish me for leaving her in the middle of our love making?"

       "You guys were fucking and you left her?" Ryan teased and picked up a coated chicken. "That's messed up bro." He laughed. "You didn't finish her off?"

       "Will you shut up?"

       Ryan burst into laughter. "You should apologize to her for leaving. She might wake up."

      "You sure?" He desperately asked and Ryan shrugged at him. Maxwell put down his chicken drumstick and walked to the bed. He glanced at Ryan and sighed. "Uhm... I'm sorry." He cleared his throat. "For leaving like that. This is my fault so can you please wake up now and talk to me?" He asked and held her hand.

      "Man, I was playing with you but I guess that will work." Ryan laughed and Maxwell let go off Alicia's hand. He walked up to Ryan and threw a chicken drumstick at him.

        In the evening, Theodore came by again and Maxwell heaved a sigh in the couch. Theodore got closer to Alicia and held his hand. "This is so irritating." Maxwell said and Ryan poked at him. They couldn't hear what Theodore was saying to her but her finger moved on the bed. Theodore kissed on her forehead and her finger moved again. "Even in this state, she still manages to piss me off."

        "It's not a crime to like your brother more. He's everything you can't be. He's cool, has a good temper, a nice figure, looks like a gentleman and he looks like he can fuck her good too." Ryan was done counting and Maxwell glared at him. "Sorry." He said.

        "I thought you should know. If she doesn't wake up by the end of the week, I'm transferring her to a different hospital." Theodore said and Maxwell scoffed at him. "That wasn't a joke." Theodore sternly said. "I'm beginning to think your presence here is the reason she's still the same. You're the reason she almost died after all." Theodore smirked at him. "Think about what I said, brother."