(42).

"The Whore"

       Another weekend, Maxwell called for Alicia to his apartment. He couldn't go one more day without her although he was still mad at her. He had placed bundles of money on the couch and she was weeping inside. He got closer to her, not looking at her like he would've done on a normal day and started to kiss her. She pulled away from him and sighed. "Why are we still doing this?" She asked.

    "What do you mean?"

    "Are we still in this secretive relationship? Does anyone know about us?" He let go off her and pulled away from her. "Max I want to know."

    "You're my girlfriend. What else do you want to know? Am I not doing enough for you?" He was pissed off. "You agreed to this before. I said I love you and we're doing everything you wanted. I even give you all that money. What else do you want?"

    "I don't want your money Max. I'm not confident about us..."

    "You don't want my money? Are you kidding me? Why did you start this thing if you don't want my money? Wasn't that your reason for falling for me? Wasn't this your reason for sticking to me?" She brushed a quick tear off. "Stop acting like an angel and let's finish what we started."

    "I loved you..and I know it was foolish of me to do that. I thought you felt the same way too." She picked up her bag and headed for his door. He didn't mean anything he had said. This stupid anger really makes him do the most. What was all that talk about? He held her hand and she slapped his hand off. "You're wrong about so many things about me. It's really... stupid of me to keep this going when you shoved money to my face like a fucking whore! I thought you really knew me. I thought you loved me." The tears weren't stopping but she was really done this time.

    "Ali," he called not knowing what to say anymore. She walked away with bruises on her heart and pride. She deserved this. He thought it was all for the money and maybe he wasn't wrong about her.

•_•_•

      Alicia couldn't cry anymore after days. She only felt stupid and bruised. He dared call on her phone thousand times, texting whenever he pleases. Where was he when she wanted him to call her like this? She put the phone under her pillow and had a recap of what they learnt for the week. She wasn't planning to step out of the hostel until Monday. She was slacking off in her studies. She wasn't that brilliant. She would've requested for a scholarship but she was dumb and broke. Alicia got a fever in the night. She washed up to take the burning fever off. Her mouth was sore and bitter. She had no drugs and it was on her list not to go out. She will be fine on Sunday.

      Maxwell was staring at his phone and biting on his lips at Ryan's little parties on the weekend. He bowed his head and dialed Alicia's number one more time. "Come on Ali," he breathed. He sent her another apology text.

•💯❣️•
Can you forgive this stupid person? I didn't mean all that. I guess... I was still mad at you. I am trying Ali. Talk to me please. I promise to be good.

      He sent and his phone was snatched out of his palm by Ryan. Maxwell stood up in a rush, reaching for his phone. Ryan ran from him and hiccuped. He was damn drunk. "Yo! You've been fucking miss one way? What the fuuuucccckkk!" He wheezed. "Oh shit! What's the talk about sex relationship? Is she like some sex worker for you?" Ryan laughed. Maxwell would've punched him so hard if he wasn't drunk. Ryan handed the phone to Cole and he wheezed too.

    "Jake too? Damn, I didn't know she was bad like that. Did she really fuck him?" Cole asked and Maxwell took his phone from them. "Maxwell! Ross! Man, you're such a bad guy. You spoiled that innocent girl. Was she a virgin?"

    "Can you shut up? I hate that you're drunk." They burst into laughter and he sat back in the couch. He fed them more alcohol so they forget about his relationship with Alicia.

     Alicia's fever got worse on the Sunday. She washed up three times in the morning and wore a sweatshirt. She covered herself up under the sheets and closed her eyes. She slept through the pain. She woke up in the night and ordered food. She was seriously burning up. She hated drugs and hospitals. Alicia always waited for the sickness to wear off. She ate her food, washed up later and lied down in bed again. She refused to check her phone. That will make her miss him and reply to his texts.

      Alicia planned to take her sick ass to school on Monday with intention of going to the hospital afterwards. She hated how everyone was looking at her. She knew her face looked dead. Can they mind their own business? The sickness was getting to her. She was so dizzy in class. She put her head on the desk and heard whisperings around her. It happened like that too after she was arrested.

They should get the fuck off!

     She miraculously woke up when class ended. She got up to leave and everyone was looking at her again. She stepped out of the door and heard, "She's really a whore." She breathed out air and pretended not to hear. A guy stopped her from leaving and smiled at her flirting weirdly.

    "Do you need something?" She asked.

    "Yeah. Are you available?"

    "For what?"

    "Don't pretend. We all know Alicia. You should've let us know this from the start. I'm sure you would've built mansions now. Anyway how much should I bring?"

    "I don't get it.."

    "You're really a good pretender. We know about the sex for money thing going on between you and Max and was it Jake?"

     She walked away from him and felt her head falling off her body. Maxwell! She swore to God, she will kill that son of a bitch!

     Alicia looked for Max everywhere biting her lips in frustration. They stood at the parking lot this time and he was leaning by the car, laughing with them. She walked up to them and they all looked at her. "Maxwell!" She yelled at him.

    "Is it her?" One of them asked. "She's hot." He laughed. Max ignored his laughter and continued looking at her.

    "What is it?" He asked.

    "Did you do this?" She asked, fighting back tears. "Tell me you didn't do this Max."

    "What are you talking about? Go straight to the point, will you?" She looked at his friends and sighed.

    "What did you say to them?"

    "Nothing.."

    "Why did they think you've been paying me for sex?"

    "Damn. If you guys are done, can we continue the sex thing? I'll double it up for you." Cole winked at her and laughed. Max fisted his face, not being able to take one more rants about her and Cole groaned. "What the fuck!"

   "Shut the fuck up!" Maxwell glared at him and turned to her. "I didn't do this. I don't know if you'll believe me or not."

   "You're such.." she fought back tears and bit her lips.

    "Alicia,"

    "We're done, right?" She acted tough.

     "Ali, I didn't do this. Can we talk? Let me explain what's really going on. I really didn't do this. I'm not that stupid." she walked away from him and he came after her for the first time, holding her hand and looking sorry. She looked back at his friends and Cole smirked at him. "Ali, look at me." He demanded. "I didn't do this." He said softly. "I won't do this to you. Please, believe me." His voice was pleading.

    "I believe you let this happen and I'm so glad this is over. This was your intention from the start. You knew my weakness, you used it against me and I'm the whore here for going along with it? I don't care if my pride was bruised, What I'm thinking of right now is how to get over you. I really hate myself for loving you." She hated it so damn much when these tears fall when they were not called for.

    "I'm sorry. It's my fault.."

    "I don't want to know." She pushed him off and hurriedly walked away.

    "Alicia!"