(13).

"Be Safe"

      "I slept like a log for the second time in three years of my life. If I'm to confess, she's better than those pills I have been taking. She's like the opposite of me. She's calm, I'm not. She has a good heart, my heart is filled with dark things. She's caring, I'm not. She controls her anger and I explode when I'm angry. She smiles a lot, laughs a lot and it's making me get addicted to it. Not even my mom and dad will take that time in their lives to make sure I am okay but you know, she does effortlessly and she's seen all my dark side but she's still with me. I tell her I'm protecting her when in truth, she's the one protecting my ass." He laughed and raked his hair. "So tell me, how do I tell her she completes me and I'm feeling things for her? It looks simple but it doesn't. It feels as if, if she leaves, I'll be back to who I am. To the person I know I am. But she tells me I'm a good person and I want to believe her words. I so want to believe... I'm perfect for her." He ended and stared at the middle aged lady sitting in front of him. She smiled at him and sighed.

    "Do you want to give it time?"

    "What if she leaves?"

     "Then I suggest you let her know how you feel about her."

     "You don't understand. She's seen me do bad things. Nobody will want someone like that. She'll be scared to have me in her life. These stupid anger issues I have, it can ruin her, me or whoever it is."

    "You said so yourself, she's seen all your bad side and she's still with you."

    "Yeah as a friend. What if she leaves when I tell her how I feel about her?"

    "Just try Ross. You might have regrets if she's taken by someone else. The young man you mentioned before,"

    "The fucking Jake?" He fumed and she smiled.

     "Yes Jake. He might like her as well. You can back off when she let's you know how she truly feels. Don't pressure her."

    "Yeah whatever." He rolled his eyes and swirled himself in the swivel chair. He later left after his consultation with her and the old therapist phoned his sister.

    "How's he doing?" Luna asked on the phone.

     "He's getting better. Your brother moved on Luna but I'm afraid she isn't the right person for him. He can easily get triggered and that's not a good thing. All those bad memories will come back."

    "Who's she?"

    "Another Ali."

     "Hell no!" She crossed. "Does he remember anything about her? You know like those foggy flashbacks you thought he'll start having. Did he remember anything?"

    "No Luna. Let's pray it's permanent as they said. They're both bad energy in his life."

    "Okay thanks." she sighed and hang up. "Fuck, fuck, fuck!!" She screamed and threw her phone on the bed. Everything was going so wrong!

•_•_•

     Maxwell met up with Ryan at Ryan's house and he could not believe how down his friend was. "What's going on Ryan?  Cole said you and Kesha ain't cool and you've been here since Jason's death. You want to tell me what's going on?"

     "I saw it."

    "What?"

     "Whoever that was." He pushed forward in his seat. "The murderer. I saw it killing Jason and whoever that was, saw me too. It just did not run after me. Like he was saying it's not my time yet. And nobody will believe me if I tell them I saw what I saw. I was the only person around. You know how people think. They'll believe I did it." he pushed back in the chair and slammed his face.

     "Don't prove yourself to anyone. Just stop hiding here and talk to Kesha."

    "She can go to hell. She accused me of fucking Nina." Max laughed and Ryan sighed again. "I'm really fucked up Max."

    "I know. Let's all be safe. God knows what I'll do to this person if I ever catch him or her."

    "Be good. You've been doing good so far and I can't even complain. What's up with you?"

    "Nothing. Taking my pills." He lied. He'll keep Alicia to himself. He could not trust anyone when it comes to his relationship.

    "Hey, I think Cole and Kiera have something going on with them. You're really done with her?"

    "Why not? he smiled.

     Another week went away and the killer wasn't found. Students panicked to step a foot in campus and authorities of the school held countless meetings with students. Maxwell and Alicia spent half their days playing the addicted bubble witch and he was leading.

     "I should've never shown you the tricks." Alicia huffed over her phone and put it down in the couch at the living room. "I'm not playing anymore!" She reached for his phone and he pulled away from her. "Stop playing." She tried distracting him and he was too focused on hitting those red balls to the finish line. He held her little hands with his left and held the phone tightly with his right.

    "Stop Ali. I'm almost done." Alicia was still playfully struggling with him and he huried to the finish line. "Fuck yeah! I'm done." he cheered for himself and laughed. "So.. are we doing this?"

    "What?"

    "Weekend vacation. I need it more than ever."

    "Mmm." She sealed her lips. "Alone with you?" She almost hiccuped.

    "Darling, If I want to fuck you, I'll do that anywhere. Even in the fucking trash can if possible so chill okay. It's not time for that...yet." He winked playfully and she threw punches on his arms.

     Maxwell stood up and Alicia followed him with the punches. His definition of 'You Complete Me' was her.

••Maxwell Ross••

••Maxwell Ross••