(32).

"That Ignorance"

     Lectures were over the next day and Maxwell was at his favorite spot with his favorite friends and favorite girl. Alicia was so glad she wore a hood shirt and a short. She covered her head with the hood cap and took bold steps to walk away. Ryan and Kesha were making out in the open, sucking tongues and touching each other. Alicia eyed at them and how he got Dawn involved in his stupid mess annoyed her. Keira stood in front of Max, her ass on him and his hands on her. They were watching something together on his phone. Alicia never even had the right to touch it.

     "Hey Alicia." Keira announced. "You look good today." She smiled.

     "Thanks." Alicia said without looking back.

    "Heard she's dating that Jake guy. Is it true?"
Kesha asked.

    "Why will he?" Ryan laughed.

    "Why won't he? She's pretty." Keira defended. Bless you girl.

     "Not me." Liam laughed. She breathed in lots of air and wiped a tear off. Maxwell watched her walk away and gritted his teeth for not doing shit. He wished their relationship could stay in the dark. He hated it being in the open, not that he was embarrassed of her, but he wanted to be the only one who can have her.

      Alicia thought of why she was getting affected by their words. She was better than that. In the bus, Alicia put her head on the window, covered her face with the hoodie and cried. He was there. He was right there when they made fun of her again and he hadn't returned her calls or sent a text. He was ignoring her.

      She tried to call at night again and he did the same thing. She received a text from him,

Max
I'm a little occupied.

     That was his explanation to this. And he ignored her again throughout the week. Alicia went to see Dawn at the Inn. They were lots of customers on her hand and she decided to help her out. She talked about her mysterious boy being Max and what happened over the week while they served. They didn't want to look at the customers judgemental faces. "So he actually ignored you?" Dawn asked as she plated the condiments on the table of four.

     "Yes he did." She handed the extra tissue to Dawn and she placed it down.

    "Don't worry. I don't spit when I'm talking. This was urgent. Enjoy your food." Dawn said to them and they walked back to the counter. "I'm still offering Jake. That guy is a douchebag. You should dump him."

     "I should. Hey, I'm going to start working. Serving is not that bad."

     "Although your new boss pays you ten times of this?"

     "I can't do it anymore. It hurts every time." She sighed. The bell dinged and they both said in unison, "Welcome.."

    "Uh its just Jake." He laughed and walked to them.

    "Pretty ladies. Are you still working for the night?"

     "Kinda." They said together.

    "Great. I'm buying dinner for us. Can I help with anything?"

    "Yes. Sit over there. We'll join you soon." Dawn said to him. He smiled at Alicia and walked to the seat.

    "He loves you. Give him a chance."

     "I've a boyfriend now."

     "Pfft." Dawn served her last customer and they joined Jake at the table. And they planned to have the best night drinking and talking hoping her mind let's go off Maxwell for a brief second.