Chapter 44

I woke up and got dressed for my day with Jess and Ava. Even though I haven't been to physical school in a while, me and eva keep in touch.

Damion is still kicking it with Courtney and I'm happy their relationship is going great.

Later I have dinner with Christine at her place. We've been trying to stay in as much as possible.

The interview yesterday caused us major backlash with one article talking about how do we fight against the pandemic if the people that are being acknowledged for helping cant even stay away from the public. It was one interview that had to be done face to face. The crew members wore masks, and so did me and Christine. But of course people had to provide something negative to the media about us. I've been worked about as soon as I saw those news article. So the girls wanted us to hang for a while. Of course I said yes, I missed being with them. I know what's gonna go down anyway. Boys and relationships. Even worse... my love life. Which I think is going perfectly fine.

"Mom, if Ava comes by can you call me quickly?" I yell down the stairs.

"Sure hun."

After a few minutes I could hear my name being yelled. So I make my way down the stairs.

I give my mom a kiss on the cheek and tell her I'll be back soon. As usual I got the warning of not staying out too late.

"Took you long enough." I hear from the car.

"Yea, yea. Be glad I even decided to hang with y'all dumbasses." I roll my eyes and enter the car.

"Hey, use the hand sanitizer over there. I dont know where your hands have been." Jessica tells me. I almost took it for a joke until i see her face.

Wow, okay.

I apply some on the solution to my hands and rub it in.

"Do I gotta put a mask on too?" I ask her.

"If you want to."

"Are you serious?!" I ask her.

"You asked didn't you? So you know what, yes put it on." She starts driving.

"You're unbelievable." I pull the mask over my nose.

We sing along to some tunes while we head to Jessica's parents house.

You know you're really something, how..

Jess quickly changes it.

"Dude." I hit her shoulder. "Why would you do that?." I ask her.

"Sorry, I didnt know it was coming next." She says.

"Put it back stupid. I love this song." I tell her.

You know you're really something, yeah
How we get here so damn fast?
Only you can tell me that
Baby, cause you know I'm coming back
You're making me forget my past
Never thought I’d feel like that again

"I came to peace with my path, Now you got me off track" I hum softly.

"Wait." The music is turned down immediately. "You know the new songs?"

"Just a few, why?" I ask confused.

"Wow, you either still love her or you just crazy." Ava says.

"I'd say I'm just crazy." I reply.

"About Chrisssttinnneeeeeeee." Jess buts in and gives me a little teasing smile.

"Maybe."

We continue the drive in silence, with only a the sound from the car, passing cars and the music. A few hums here and there.

We pull into her driveway and soon I was being engulfed in hugs from her mother.

"You've grown."

I smile and hug back. Then I'm pulled to my bestfriends room.

"So spill."

I look around the room and raise my eye. "Spill what?"

"Christine." She says obviously.  Like I'm supposed to know.

"Oh, well... to be honest. I really like her." I start swirling my fingers.

"Duh" Ava adds joining the conversation.

"When are you gonna ask her out." Jessica says.

"We have a date later. Well it's not a date, she wanted to hang. But its dinner so-"

I got cut off immediately by them both screaming "it's a date."

I nod slowly agreeing silently.

"Formal? Casual?"

"I'm not sure." I start and get cut off again.

"Ask her." Ava yells but stretch her hand out for my phone.

"I'm asking or you because.." I point at her extended hands.

"What's the difference." She asks me.

I shake my head and hand her the phone. She puts the password in like its hers and I watch her text away.

After a few minutes someone finally talks.

"Whatever you want. But thats code for it's a date." Jessica replies who was hovering over my phone while Ava texts Christine.

"So? Do you guys wanna pick my outfit too?" I ask cautiously immediately regretting the question.

"Heck yea."

"Let's go back to yours and start immediately."

"We just got here!" I yell at the two.

"Y/n! Dont forget you're in my house. No yelling." I hear from downstairs.

"Sorry Mrs. Clinton." I say back to the woman of the house. I turn to het daughter and roll my eyes. "Fine."

We get back in the car and the long drive back to my house continues.