Chapter 38

Ariana's POV

The rain kept beating me from head to toe. To say I wasn't freezing would be a complete lie. But that seemed to be the only emotion I could feel. Y/n. I came here for her and I'm not leaving without her.

I admit it, I'm stupid. Everytime I have something good in my life I get scared of loosing it and still manage to mess everything up. When she screamed it's over and I walked out the door my heart broke. I wanted to rush back in and tell her she's mine forever. But something told me to leave, that I didn't deserve her. So I left.

My clothes clinging to be body and my hair sticking to my face. I honked one last time in hopes that someone would just open the damn door. Finally the door opens and I come face to face with the y/ec eyes that I so easily get lost in.

"Are you crazy?" She asks walking out in the rain and reaching for my hands. Which I gladly let her take in hers.

"I'm so sorry y/n. I should've argued with you the other day, I should've fought for you. But I wasn't sure what happened because I didn't. I was scared and so foolish. I let you go." I close the gap in between us and lift my hands to cup her cheeks. My eyes searching hers for anything. But I could see nothing but hurt. I did that. I'm the reason her eyes hold all this pain. "I don't know why I did that y/n, why I left you. But I promise, I want you. I want you for worse or for better. And I'll wait. I broke your heart I know that. Just let me put it back together. I've never wanted anything this badly. Never wanted anyone."

She opens her mouth the answer but I shush her. "Just know whatever your answer is, I'll wait forever and ever."

"You kissed him." She says her eyes drifting to the ground.

She didn't remove my hands from her face. Good sign right? Fight for her Ariana. Fight for love.

"I'm an idiot okay. A fucking joke, I'm stupid. I get that. But I need you y/n, I've never craved anyone like this. Baby please."

Her eyes drift slowly to mine. Bitting my lip I wait in anticipation.

"You're so fuckin stupid. You're freezing right now. You could've stayed in the car." She says with her lips forming into a grin.

"Where's the fun in that?" I ask and brush my fingers over her jaw.

"Other than the fact that you might not catch a cold?"

"Some people are worth freezing for." I grin shyly and lean my forehead against hers.

"Frozen reference with a twist huh?" She ask and letting her hands drop around waist.

I nod and sniff. Shit, I didn't even know I was fucking crying.

"Let's get you inside." She starts walking but I grab her arm and pull her towards me. Crashing my lips on hers I feel... So. So invincible. She tightens her hand which once against found my waist and kissed back. I pull away and lead her inside smiling. I got the girl. My girl.

She takes me up to her room and starts searching for clothes. I close the door behind me and strip naked.

"You can go shower if you'd like." She tells me.

"Y/n look at me." To be honest, I'm desperate for her attention. She kissed me but it feels different now.  Desperate to be her main focus. I'm desperate to just be shown any form of love. Anything.

"I can't." She turns around and walks out the door. Just like that.

Well fuck

Groaning I quickly get dressed and found my way down the stairs.

"Y/n?" I call for her unsure of where she had turned.

Soft sobs fill the air and I follow them. Finding her behind the kitchen island, crying. Her hands around her legs and her head resting on them.

My poor baby

I quietly sat next to her, the thunder outside boomed and the house shook a little. The windows jiggle and the curtains rose only to fall back to floor. I know this feeling, I know all of this too well.

"Y/n? Please just talk to me." I beg after sitting for a good 5 minutes in silence. "I'm so sorry for hurting you. I just, I got scared."

"Go."

The fuck? Go? Hell no.

"Baby please just..."

"I said go God damn it!"

I pull away taken back from her tone.

Her head rises from her knees and her eyes are red. I did this.

What is wrong with me?! I ruin everything! "Baby-"

"Just go." She mutters and return to her former position. I try taking her hand in mine. "Please just go."

"O-okay." I turn and exit the house. Out the door and into the rain. Then into my car. Banging on the steering wheel before pulling out her drive way and down the road. I'm clueless to where I'm going but it needs to be anywhere but here. I need to be alone.

So I found a place where I could be alone. Not entirely, but it would distract my mind from her. Gomez. I pulled up to his house and rang the doorbell. He opened the door and led me inside.

What am I even doing here?

I don't have an answer to my own question. I already ruined everything. So why not just let this go. Just be wild. So I capture his lips on mine.

Just a distraction. I had to keep telling myself that. And we carried on.