Chapter 56

"Shes pregnant!?" My mom screams at me.

"I'm gonna call you back." I hang the phone up on Ari and turn my attention to me mom.

"I was gonna tell you-" I start but she cuts me off.

"How old are you y/n?" She says sitting back down and placing her hand over her forehead like I'm giving her a headache.

"Mom it's not even like that. That's my baby and I'm gonna care for the kid, I get that-" I got cut off again.

"I dont care y/n, hell yeah you're gonna take care of that baby just like me and your dad took care of you. Now answer my question." She says.

If I say I'm not fuming I'd be lying. I dont get why shes being this extra. But I wont say nothing. I dont want my ass whooped.

"19." I answer calmly.

"You're a baby y/n. Shes a grown woman."

"Wait, how am I a baby mom?" I yell at her. I dont even understand this conversation anymore. "I work, I go to school. I pay my bills now. I'm 19 mom, I'm not 6 or 11."

I didnt even realize I was this close to her. My body leaned over the table.

"One, back up before I smack the shit out of you." She says calmly.

I do as told and quickly stand up. "Yes ma'am."

"Two, I don't care about how your Bill's are paid, you can thank your dad for that. And three, you're not ready." She looks me in the eyes through every word.

"What the fuck mom?" I say much calmer than expected.

I didnt even notice my brothers due to how quick the conversation got heated. They're just staring.

"Guys go up stairs and eat I'll come get you." I tell them and they leave.

"When did you know y/n?" She asks.

"I just heard mom, the way you just heard." I tell her.

"How do you know shes not lying?" She asks.

So of course I tell her the whole story. How I heard and the DNA tests. Then today. "I should've told you. I didnt want to when theres a possibility that the baby wasnt mine. I honestly couldnt deal with the fact that there was that possibility either. I'm sorry if I made you upset mom. I just wanted to be sure."

Not gonna lie, I'm full on baby mode right now. Thumbs twirling around each other and head down. My voice was at its lowest point. I dont even know if she can hear me.

"The baby is yours?" She asks reaching for my hands.

So I nod. One thing in life I'm scared of and it's to disappoint my mom. But I honestly seem to do it all the time. "I'm sorry."

She sighs then let's my hands go. "You're raising that baby."

No shit mom, are the words I want to say. But I'll settle for the safer words just incase. "I am."

"I'm a grandma y/n, cheer up. Be happy for me." She says smiling.

I look up at her with my mouth hanging open. Was she not about to tear my head off? My mom is going through menopause or some shit.

We have a strict conversation about how to treat a pregnant woman. Which led to her breaking down for reasons I cant comprehend. Then we went into how to be a good mother.

"You and Ariana need to have a baby monitor, and night lights. Oh, I can always babysit-"

I cut her off. It felt nice for a change. "We arent together mom."

She shrugs and starts cleaning up. "Yet."

I roll my eyes my mom. And grab my plate. "I'm taking this home."

"I'll wrap it up, go get the boys." She says.

I run up the stairs after handing the plate to her. That was a weird process. I shake the thought away.

"Yall ready?" I ask peeking my head through the door.

Alex was holding Xavy as he cried. So I walked over and knelt down to his level.

"Hey bud what's wrong?" I ask trying to pick him up but hes clinging to Alex.

"He thinks you're leaving because of the yelling." Alex says rolling his eyes.

"I'm sorry you had to hear that Xavy. But I'm still taking you home with me. I promise not to yell with mom anymore. Okay?" I explain.

He jumps into my arms and I hug him tightly. "Its okay, I'm so sorry."

I pull him back so I can look at him.

"Are you gonna replace me with a baby?" He asks looking down.

"No way. You're always gonna be my baby." I pull him back into a hug then stand up.

"You're gonna be a uncle. So you gotta be a big boy for the baby." I grab his back from the bed.

"Girl or boy?" Alex asks.

"I dont know yet." I say.

"Hopefully a girl, because I cant handle another one of him." He says pointing to the boy with his head on my shoulder then grab his bags and talk down the stairs.

I grab Xavier's iPods and then follow behind.

I bring the bags to the car then hug my mom. "Sorry again."

"I'm sorry for yelling. Congratulations baby." She says pulling me into a hug.

"Thanks mom."

We pull away and she hugs my brothers then we leave.

I play some songs and we sing until I park and get out. "No running!" I yell.

I bring everything inside and close the door. "Do what y'all want, just dont break nothing." I say.

But Xavy grabbed onto my leg. "Can I watch cartoons with you?" She asks.

I turn the tv on and take a seat next to him. I need to shower but I can wait a lil bit. We watch a few episodes of dino train. And I'm 100% sure I've seen these all like 60 times each.

"Hey y/n?"

"Wassup little man?" I ask take uh ng a sip of the water I just got.

"Are you having a baby?" He asks looking at me. "Your stomach looks the same."

"Ariana is."

"I love Ariana!"

I smile because I know he does.

"How do babies get in her stomach?"

I spit the water out and look over at Alex who's dying of laughter.

"Time for bed."

Stream worst behavior by Ari