Chapter 55

Today is the day that I find out what I've been thinking about since I heard about it.

My phone starts ringing and I run to the couch to get it. Mom.

I groan from frustration but answer anyway. "Come over."

"For?" I ask.

"Because we miss you, and hurry." She says before ending the call.

Bossy. I decide to just carry my phone and leave now. I'll shower there. I grab my keys and a sweater then head to my parents house.

I park then head inside the house.

"Mom! I'm here." I yell after entering.

Immediately I hear footsteps rushing down the stairs. The dog jumps on me followed by my youngest brother. I pick Xavy up and head to the living room.

"Yo Y/n, can we stay at your house tomorrow?" Alex asks.

"Mom, can they stay over?" I ask my mom who was in the kitchen as usual.

"School?"

"Been good. And same with work." I tell her.

"Okay they can go." She says still focusing on whatever she was doing.

"Yall go pack your stuff." I put Xavy down allowing him to go get his stuff. "And help your brother Alex."

I walk into the kitchen and give my mom a hug.

"Hows everything?" I ask her.

"A little hard without you, but otherwise good. I do miss your dad." She says.

"I do too. But he wouldnt want you stressing over anything. You know how he was." I say.

She hums in agreement then wipes her hand on the apron.

"And the Christine girl?" She asks raising an eye.

I groan "Mama! Can you not?" I ask.

"I'm just saying. You work with her, hows that?" She asks.

"Ion know, I gave her PTO." I say shrugging.

"You gave her pay time off?" She says in disbelief. "Because you cant face the consequences?"

"Its honestly not my fault I always fall for cheaters."

"Whatever you say." She says. "Go help your brothers."

The yelling from the room started suddenly. I walk up the stairs to go check on my brothers.

"Yo what is happening in here?" I ask entering the room.

Apparently Alex wont allow Xavy to pack his bear.

"The thing is bigger than him, no way its coming." Alex says sitting on the bed.

"Its not that big!"

The yelling goes back and forth between the two giving me a headache.

"Mom!" I yell.

"No!" She yells back.

I groan for the hundredth time today. "Xavy pick another bear bud." I tell him. "I'm sure Mr Teddy is gonna get sick on his way there. He'd rather stay here."

I help him pick another bear then zip his bag up. "Anything else?"

"No thanks."

I look over at Alex who rolls his eyes at me.

"What?" I ask him.

"Spoiled." He walks from the room after the little statement.

I walk back down the stairs to find my mom back in the kitchen.

"Thanks for the help." I tell her sarcastically.

"Hey, I've been handling this since you left, it's your turn for a while." She says. "Are you staying for dinner?

"Mom is literally 10am I tell her. I shouldn't be out of bed yet."

"So you're staying?" She asks.

I just tell her yes. Its 10am and my mom is working on dinner. I leave the kitchen and take a seat on the couch.

"I haven't had nothing to do y/n. I've cleaned the whole house three times this week." She says.

"Damn that's tough. You need a vacation or something." I turn the tv on.

"I would put we're in a pandemic. I'm not trying to risk lives."

"Yeah true. Honestly sucks how some people cant accept that and stay home."

We talk about everything and nothing.

*Time Skip*
After spending the whole day with my family for the first time in forever it was time for dinner. After I'll leave taking the boys to spend the night. We are all seated around the table getting ready to say grace until my phone rings. I decline the call without checking the ID. My mom says grace and we start eating. My phone rings again and this time I pull it out.

"Who is it?" My mom asks.

Oh shit. "Um, Ari." I say.

"Still dealing with girl drama huh?" She asks. "Well answer, I dont mind." She eyes me suspiciously.

Too scared to not answer I accept the call. "Hey Ari." I say.

"I got my results." She says.

"Well tell me." I almost yell anxious.

"Congrats y/n." She says then start sobbing.

"Wait for real?!" I ask.

"You're gonna be a mom." She whispers.

"Oh my god. That's fucking amazing. I promise to be the best mother in the world." I assure her.

I didn't even realize I wasnt seated anymore but pacing across the room talking on the phone.

I hear my mom clear her throat. "Mom?" She asks.

I see all eyes on me. "Congrats..?"

A/N

Short and not proof read. Sorry for the wait kinda busy with a lot