Chapter 41

"Hey y/n?" I take a glimpse over to my brother who's standing by the door.

"Dude, let me sleep." I groan then pull the cover over my face.

"But it's boring!"

"Alex, leave me alone." I turn my back to him and close my eyes.

"Come on." He whines. "You're the only person I can hang with."

I decide not to answer but after what feels like eternity of him nagging me I finally give in. I throw the covers from my body and look at him. "Fine man, I'm up! What you wanna do?"

A grin takes over his face and he pulls two controllers from his back. "Dream League 2020?"

I shake my head. "Pub G?"

"No, let's just play Call of Duty. We play those every day." I say sitting up and patting a spot on the bed beside me.

He takes a seat. "But I'm no good at it."

"Well it's either that or you go read with your mother." He groans but nods and we make our way down the stairs.

I just wanted to get this over quickly.

*Time skip*
By now hoping everyone has experienced the full effect of this quarantine. It's kinda good to be honest, I was never a people person anyway. Online school is not the best, but luckily I've been use to it since I've been doing it before the beginning of quarantine. But it's still boring and I still rather sleep than attend. Because let's be honest here, what's better than sleep. I cant believe I use to be a morning person. That's the only phase I went through.

Christine: I'm thinking about a small meeting, like 5-10 persons
Christine: u gotta make things clear about where we go after this pandemic and how we will continue to operate through it.

Me: yeah, sure. Set it up and tell me about after.

Shes kinda like my right hand woman, she keeps me updated and reminds me of a few stuff I seem to always forget.

Christine: okay, have a great day today y/n

Me: you too dumbass

I've been hanging with her a lot. We're business partners after all. And we've been getting close. Shes really sweet, and I have fun hanging with her. She's easy to communicate with.

It's not easy handling work and school. Without my dad's help with finalizing decisions it's been pretty hard. But my mom giving her opinions every now and then.

It's been a rough couple of months but I'm making it work. Since there's no big games going on there hasn't been a lot of work at the company so most days I'm home. In bed. Right now I'm watching animal videos on YouTube with Max next to me sleeping.

After my dad's funeral, everyone has been doing much better than a few months ago. Thank goodness, I wouldn't bare to see him in pain for much longer. It's been a boring day but I'm not complaining.

"Y/n! Someone is here to see you." I hear my mom yell from down stairs. 

"Coming mom." I yell back and remove the covers from my body. All I wanted was to lay in bed for the rest of the day. Leave maybe to get icecream or something. Maybe a donut.

I lock my phone and make my way down the stairs humming to Slide Away by Miley Cyrus. I absolutely adore this song, and I cant stop listening.

I turn the corner and come face to face with the last person I was expecting to see here. Oh wow... shes really pretty. I already knew that it's just suddenly hitting me all over again.

"Hey, so I know we just got off the phone but I wanted to tell you this in person that the meeting is on." Christine says with a small smile. "Also I wanted to hang out."

I laugh. "You're cute. But sure, we can do whatever u want."

A/n
Hahaaaaa bish u thought... hell to the no. Not yet....

I mean... heyyyyyyyyyy, how y'all doingggg??

It's an I'm back chapter, I will be updating soon. That's a promise