Chapter 11

"Y/n!" Alex shouts as I spray him with water.

"Ha!" I shout and shoot at him again. The water hits him in the face and I laugh. He shoots at me but I dodge it.

He gets angry and grabs the hose.

What the fuck? This isn't fair.

"No Alex! This isn't fair! You can't use a hose! Please!" I yell and put my hands up.

"Say hello to my little friend." Alex turns the hose and sprays me. The water gets all over me soaking my hair.

I scream and run, dad comes walking out the door and I run behind him. He stands still as I grab onto his shoulders from behind. Alex sprays dad then this eyes shoot open wide, realization hitting him. He drops the hose as dad walks up to him. Dad picks it up and turn it on him. I laugh as I watch my brother gets soaked, he squeals and runs. I high five dad and as we turn around we're greeted by mom. She has two water guns and I gulp. I'm hit in the race with water and it gets in my eyes. Fuck.

I run off leaving my parents to battle each other. Of course mom's water gun had no effect on dad with his hose. I grin when I see mom trips and falls.

"Get her dad!" I shout.

Instead he bends down and helps her up.

"Soft!"

He turns to me quickly and points the hose at me. "No! No! Dad! We're on the same team!"

"Love conquers!" He yells and sprays me.

*Time skip*

I grab my jacket and run down the stairs where my family is. Tonight we are going to a someone's place for dinner. Well it's more of a business thing. The guy is supposed to be one of dad's new partners, and his family invited mine over. Tonight we have to be one big perfect family, and we aren't. Honestly, we're a mess. Not the type were they're arguments and fighting all the time. But the kind were time is our biggest  enemy. And success is all we look for. That's the mess. But otherwise, my fam is amazing.

"Okay everyone check yourselves, and let's go!" Dad tells us. I pick Xavy up after fixing his tie and mine.

We walk out to his car and get in. The drive was long meaning dad gave us a long lecture on manners and etiquette. I've been going to these all my life, I'll do fine.

I take my phone out and reply to Jessica. I still haven't talked to her as yet. Damion on the other hand has not stopped ringing my phone. He needs a hook up with a girl, and I wanna help the guy but honestly, he's not the biggest charmer. He's friendly and all so that's a good thing. He's not a relationship kind. But who am I to judge, I'm not either.

Jess: so wats happening?
Me: I'm going to dinner
Jess: u didn't invite me?!
Me: dude you're coming, it's a business thing!
Jess: so still wanted that invitation
Me: u're annoying asf
Jess: u luv me
Me: yeah yeah
Jess: see yah loser. I'm already there
Me: how the f r u early?!
Jess: bc my dad made me
Me: well it doesn't matter cause I'm gonna be fashionably late

I close my phone after realizing she didn't answer after a few minutes. It's one of those moments when you're so bored and your mind can't even think of something. I tap on the window, a beat in my head. Finally this brain decides to work. I try hard to remember the song but it's not coming to mind so I continue tapping.

"If he ain't gonna love you, the way he should then let it go. If he ain't gonna treat you the way he should then let him go"

I grin finally finding words. Kesha Cole!

The car stops and I look forward. We're here. I think. Dad exits and opens mom's door. I open mine and take Xavy from the car while Alex helps himself. I fix my clothes and make my way to the front door behind my parents.

Mom rings the door bell and in no time it's open. We walk in and I say good evening while dad introduces us. After we are escorted to a table filled with food by a butler. We don't have a butler and I wouldn't want one, or else I'd do absolutely nothing but sit and be lazy. Well now I'm reconsidering. Maybe sitting and being lazy isn't so bad. I push the thought to the back of my mind when I look up and see Christine.

I'm taken to the seat right beside her and Jess. What is she doing here?

Time passes and I keep my head down. I'm not a people person. I listen silently to their conversation during dinner. Until my dad decides to brag about me to everyone and I become the centre of attention. What feels likes forever ended and everyone was done eating. I always hated that we don't leave right after dinner. Dad and the owner of this place who I think name is Derrick leaves to go take a walk around. Jess's dad too leaves.

"Hi." I turn around and see Christine. She's really nice. She saves me all the time and I'm glad. Her personality is one that girls wish they could have.

"Hey." I reply with the same tone. "So you're a rich twerp too?"

"No, that's my uncle. I'm adopted by them, my parents died when I was two."

I feel horrible for bringing that up. Geez I'm an idiot. "I so sorry, I s-shouldn't have said anything." I stutter trying to apologise.

"It's fine, honestly." She smiles at me and I smile back. My phone vibrates and I look at who texts.

Wife: can u meet me somewhere?
Me: no
Wifey: y not?
Me: I'm a dinner with my family
Wifey: oh sorry then
Me: it's fine Ariana
Wifey: when can I see u?
Me: idk
Wifey: y/n is everything ok
Me: yes
Wifey: u sound like something's up
Me: only my heart rate
Wifey: wdym
Me: nvm
Wifey: I have to go...
Me: ok bye!

I close my phone and apologize for taking some long. Christine says it's fine. I know I sounded off but I even word vomit over text with her. I just wanted to sound sensible for once. She doesn't even understand when I try to flirt. I hate it. I just hope me saying bye to her like that makes her know I'm okay. I wish I wasn't here so I can be with. Stupid life.

"Hey wanna go to the roof?" She asks suddenly.

"I don't know. I don't really know you."

"So you think I'm a crazy bitch who will kill you?" She frowns a little holding her head down.

"No, no not at all. I'm not saying that. I promise, I didn't mean to. Shit. I'm sorry." I start blabbering but pretty much saying the same thing over and over again.

She nods and her uncle calls her. I sigh of relief when my dad says it's time to go. Talking to her is a lot more easier than talking to Ariana. But I feel more comfortable with Ari. I don't understand.