Confusion

Rebecca woke up to see herself in her bed. She sat up groaning.

'Why is my mouth so dry?'

She placed a hand to wipe her mouth and that was when she froze, eyes wide.

She touched her lips and jerked quickly putting her hand down.

'No.'

'No!'

She gripped her bed hair and fell back on the bed. How could she have kissed her sister's boyfriend?

'Well...ex-boyfriend.'

And he was leaving that morning.
Not bothering to take a shower or tame her hair, she rushed to his room and slammed it open.

"You!" She entered.

He was standing in the middle of the room already dressed, his clothes packed.

He stared at her wide-eyed.

"R-Rebecca?"

"You frog!" She poked him in the chest.

"What did you do to me last night?"
Dan's eyes widened to the size of saucers.

Rebecca yanked him by his collar and pulled him to her eye level, ice-blue eyes blazing.

"You little pervert! You kissed me!"

"You took advantage of an emotional woman!"

Dan's eyes were wide still and then he rubbed the back of his head.

"Yeah...I did kiss you."

Rebecca's heart raced.

'Damn you Daniel, you stupid shit!'

Rebecca sighed covering her face with her hair.

"Yes, you did; and I'm still wondering why."

Dan tried to release himself from her herculean grip.

"Don't think too much about it."

Rebecca stood in front of him crossing her arms.
"I don't think you have the right to say that."

Dan sighed rubbing his temple.
"I'm sorry, Rebecca."
Dan stared into her eyes.

"But the truth is, you've kinda grown on me and..."

Dan closed his eyes and released a breath.

"I want to protect you. You still don't know what I am Rebecca, what I truly am."

For some reason, Rebecca's heart raced and it was not because of his pretty eyes.
That's right, as much as she wanted to keep pushing it to the back of her mind, Dan wasn't 'normal'.

Rebecca was almost certain the incident that happened a few weeks ago that laid waste to countless buildings and amounted to several deaths, Dan somehow had something to do with it.

At her friend's pool party, when the storm had picked up, he'd remained in the rain. When Rebecca had gone out to knock some sense into him, he'd thrown her metres away from him.

Contrary to how she acted and spoke around him sometimes, she was pretty cautious. She'd seen those deathly eyes, those yellow eyes but now they were normal—a beautiful hazel.

But why did she feel a need to stay with him?

Dan stared at her; he knew a lot was going on on her mind.

He sighed. The less she knew the better. At least the seal on his heart was gone and with it, his demon half but why didn't Dan still feel whole, he still felt an emptiness deep inside of him.