Peace

√√√

'Breaking news...

Early this morning, news came from our correspondents about the unprecedented destruction of the fortress in the south; a stronghold and safe haven for those who sought shelter from the disaster that had befallen the entire world in recent times.

The prophetesses that maintained order there are yet to be found, millions are dead, buildings burnt to the ground-it was total annihilation.

And no other person could have done it except the ruthless King.

It's not a surprise given his political and military power; residues of the monstrous ammunition could be found within the cities and around the massive walls surrounding them.

Today, 10th April 2029; the world will never forget the destruction of the fortress in the sout-'

The TV in a bar was switched off as the disturbing images of the desecrated fortress became overbearing.

An old man with a cigarette in his mouth spoke.

"If that fortress is gone, what next?" He said in despair.

"I don't know Rusty, all we can hope for is that the King of the north don't find us here in Minnesota, " A thirty-something-year-old man spoke. He was in a greasy overall; a local mechanic.

"Or more importantly, this world should just come to an end, and let us all be on our way."

"Oh it's coming to that, " one drunk, bald man hiccupped from the back.

Old man Rusty stared at him sagely.

"If it did end, what will be your lot?"

"Where will you all end up?"

Silence filled the entire bar.

√√√

Several days later.

Dan was alone by a lake in a deserted forest.

The full moon was out and the stars shined brighter than any diamond.

The air was still and the surrounding quiet.

It probably knew it'd received a deadly 'visitor'; a foreboding presence...evil.

Dan stared at the still lake in front of him.

It may be still on the surface but on the inside, there were the remains of a mother and child who had been murdered and then their corpse disposed of in the lake.

He leaned back and laid on the grassy ground.

He stared at the sky and followed the rain clouds as they moved lazily.

The prophetesses found a way to escape from his clone's belly and defeated it.

It infuriated him.

Sin had come to meet him a few times but she couldn't come close, because he no longer wanted her.

She'd begged him, cried to him but he hadn't listened.

Even now, she sat a distance away watching him probably hoping he'll come around.

But he didn't want her anymore.

After ignoring her for so long, she left, but he knew she would still come back hoping to get him back.

But he was done with that.

Dan stared at the stars now, they were in the dark yet they still shined.

Why did those stars remind him of something important...or rather someone important?