Elaine's Bookshop

*Note: This book contains strong language and some dark scenes.*

Did you get any of that? Then let's begin!😄

...

"Dan."

"Dan..."

"Dan!"

Dan opened his heavy eyelids, exposing a set of hazel eyes.

'What's all the ruckus about?' Dan thought.

He raised his head from the counter while adjusting his glasses and stared sleepily at the perpetrator.

He was too sleepy to even glare.

"What the hell Philip?" he said groggily.

The said person just smirked, happy at his accomplishment of having successfully woken him up.

"You have a customer, " Philip winked at Dan.

"And she's pretty cute too, " he gestured to the door, "at three o'clock."

The almost stiff movement of Philip's neck and his eyes oddly reminded Dan of a chicken with New Castle Disease.

Now that he thought about it, he actually saw a chicken in his dream.

'But why on earth would he have dreamt about a chicken?'

He sighed, adjusting his glasses again.

He turned his head lazily to the entrance of the bookstore.

He saw a short, slightly curvy twenty-something-year-old with glasses walk into the store.

She was wearing mittens and a very fluffy head warmer—the kind with a ball at the top.

Dan's eyes widened and he felt his cheeks instantly warm up.

He averted his eyes as she walked up to him by the reception.

He cleared his throat and straightened.

"Welcome to Elaine's Bookshop, what book would you like to read today?" he said with a smile.

"Good afternoon. You have a lovely shop here." She returned the smile, which revealed a tiny dimple.

"I want to buy two books actually, " she said softly.
Dan nodded.

"Alrighty. Can you tell me their names?"

"Bittersweet' and 'In The Last Days'. You know, the books by the twin best sellers?"

Dan looked up, eyes wide.

He'd never actually read the books, and according to several top Newspaper companies—including the New York Times—referred to their books as beyond remarkable.