Breach

Rebecca held Philip in her arms and she could not make sense of the sadness that came over her entire being. It was painful and it was hard to breathe.

"I told you not to die."

"You're as stubborn as ever."
Her voice trembled as she held him to her.

He was already getting cold; the night air wasn't helping.

She heard footsteps coming towards her and she raised her head squinting. Her eyes widened a little and she looked back down-it was the Captain.

He crouched in front of them.

"It's okay," he said softly placing a comforting hand on her shoulder.

Rebecca didn't look up as she caressed Philip's cheek.

"Are you really sure about that?"

There was silence.

Alvin looked up instead.
"Take a look."

Rebecca didn't want to at first but she gave in. Tears ran down her eyes as she managed to look up. She saw Dan in a heated fight with the Olive Trees.

Anger unlike she had ever felt before blinded her as she saw Dan.

She clenched her fist and turned away closing her eyes.

"Why?"

Her voice was barely audible.

"Why is this happening? Why do people always have to die? What did we ever do?"

She looked down at Philip.
"What did Phil ever do?"

"I'm tired, " she whispered.

Everything seemed bleak, the world around Rebecca seemed to become soundless and she could vaguely hear her heart beating gently in her chest.

Philip's heart had gone silent. How can hers still beat so gently?

She wanted to curse out loud but she bit down her tongue.

She felt empty like there was a hole inside of her, a hole that needed to be filled.

But with what?

That hole had always been there, always growing one misfortune after the other. She didn't know when the hole got there, all she knew was that it'd existed for a while.

Rebecca had been so lost in her thoughts that she didn't even notice when Dan gave one of the prophetesses a powerful blow sending her flying straight to the wall.

Dan flew towards her, the other prophetess preoccupied mid-air with his clone.

One of the angels closest to the prophetess guarding the wall tried to catch the prophetess but was grabbed in a chokehold from another demon summoned by Malphas.

All the other demons had been defeated by the angels guarding the walls.

The angel distracted, Dan impaled the prophetess to the wall with his spear. The impact caused the wall to crack like an eggshell behind her.
Her breath came in quick puffs as she held the spear protruding out of her stomach. Her blue necklace glimmered as the last few rays of the moonlight reflected off of it. It would be morning soon.

Dan's eyes were filled with such wrath and loath.

"You think you're special, " Dan stated quietly conjuring a sword-it was black and a dark aura oozed from it.

"No one's special, " he continued.

"Not even you." He made sure she was looking into his cold eyes.

The SinOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara