Elias

*This chapter is dedicated to PeculiarPraise thanks dear for all you do. Love you🌹❤*

Philip stood from Rebecca's side of the bed and went to the door of their pod. Philip saw it required a fingerprint and a retinal scan.

Philip sighed.

'Just their luck.'

"What could have caused those tremors?" Philip mused out loud.

The man in his thirties that has been keenly observing the two of them since they entered the pod spoke.

"It's him, I mean who else would be mad enough to infiltrate this fortress?"

Rebecca's eyes widened and turned to him.

"It's that monster with demonic eyes. Is that wretch even human?" He continued.

Rebecca became defensive.

"Don't talk about him that way."

The man looked at her shocked and confused. More confused than shocked.

The man eyed Rebecca who had stood from head to toe.

"Are you one of those disgusting followers? Fanatics, every single one of them, " he spat.

Now that Philip noticed, he seemed to be a Southie, from his accent.

"Them crazed girls, looking at that monster like some sort of god, You see them all over the internet."

"Enough."

"None of this is gonna help us now, " Philip spoke up after a while.

"The walls look formidable enough, but it's the king of the north we're talking about."

"His resources are limitless."

"And the gates are still wide open, he could simply just waltz in."

"Hmm." Philip paced the relatively medium-sized pod, hand on his chin in thought.

"It's almost like the Olive trees are baiting him, I think it's too obvious, " Philip pointed out.

Rebecca went to Philip.

"Meaning they have what it takes to stop him."

Philip hesitated for a moment.

"I'm not so sure."

"But one thing I know is that the prophetesses are not to be trifled with, it's two against one."

Philip sat back on his bed and laid down plopping his hands behind his head.

Rebecca sat back down too with a sigh.

A few hours later, night fell and their pods were illuminated with the most beautiful fluorescent lights Rebecca had ever seen.

Their pod's roof was transparent and therefore the stars were very visible.

Rebecca smiled as she stared at the beauties of God. While she was at the church, Pastor Agnes had taught her and shown her a lot of things, some things too marvellous for her to say out loud.

He told her about a man named 'Jesus'. She'd heard that name countless times growing up, their mother had been a follower but then she'd lost her faith along the way or rather Father had threatened her to stop going to church or he would divorce her.

Their mom had been so afraid of the divorce that she'd agreed, not only because of herself but also for Lily.

"They needed a father." That was what she'd said to convince herself.