War

The air was gloomy. Gloomy...that was how Dan felt inside.

...
"Legions!"

Inhumane roars and shrieks from the army ran throughout the hot abyss of hell.

As far as the eyes could see, demons of all forms and sizes littered the entire expanse.

Some were as large as fifty stories and some as small as dogs.

Lucifer sat on his throne, wings fully spread out, his great horns covered in flames. Red coals eyes stared proudly at the one who would lead this great army.

Dan stood before them by Lucifer's throne on an elevated altar in his demon form.

He could shape-shift into any form he wanted. Black wings spread out behind him, golden eyes with seals stared at the army he would soon disperse to the wall.

Hot smoke escaped from his nostrils and jagged canines protruded from his mouth.

The flames burnt relentlessly and the entirety of hell seemed to come alive with the anticipation of bathing in more human blood.

A giant red dragon flew overhead and descended in front of the army. The dragon bowed its head to both Lucifer and his son.

The red dragon transformed into Anger. Anger moved towards the throne and stood by the left hand of Lucifer. Instead of the red cloak, armour covered Anger's form and there were two swords overlapped strapped behind his back.

Dan began.
"Tonight is the night we've been waiting for, " he growled, eyes piercing.

"The night the wall and Elias falls!"

Growls and roars of agreement filled the fiery atmosphere.

"The night I get to bathe in the prophetesses' blood."

"The night all hell breaks loose."

"Kill, devour, destroy, steal, claim, they are ours for the taking."

"Elias falls tonight!"

Growls of agreement rang throughout the army.

Anger stepped forward.
"I just scouted the walls, they are evacuating some of the denizens into Elias."

Dan gritted his teeth.

"Apparently, they've been emptying the areas near the walls since daybreak. Their quarantine camp which is nearest to the wall now lay desolate."

Dan clenched his fist and his red eyes shimmered menacingly.

"Malphas," he said lowly.

Immediately, a higher demon appeared right beside Dan with a golden crown on his head.

A tattered piece of clothing wrapped around him like vines. His skin was charred and his eyes were sunk in.

"You called, son of Lucifer."
The raspy voice was powerful yet calm. Some demons cowered back in fear.

And Dan knew why. Dan knew all the higher demons that ruled in hell...and one of them was Malphas.

"Mobilise your legions now to the walls, it seems they've closed the gates. I want your demons to break it down since that is one of your specialities—breaking down the strongholds of your enemies."

Malphas smiled, jagged teeth flashing.

"I do not have a personal vendetta against the prophetesses only that they need to be eliminated."

"But since you've requested it, I cannot refuse, son of Lucifer."

Lucifer watched from his throne with an amused smile, red coal eyes gleaming.