Lilies

~This lovely chapter is dedicated to an even lovelier human being delouxeon
You are a shining star, a treasure, one I will always remember. Thanks for all your love and support dear, God bless you real good. A lily for you🌼❤~

•••
Dan walked through the gardens of the mansion.

It was beautiful.

He looked up and the dark clouds still loomed overhead.

It was eerie-somewhere he would never have gone willingly on his own.

And now, it had become his fortress.

He paused when he saw some lilies growing by the side of the house.

His heart clenched.

He crouched in front of them and caressed the white petals.

They were just like her-pure, beautiful.

He sighed. He closed his eyes and stood.

He'd been trying to forget her but even if he tried, the hunger for her soul would never let him.

It was a constant reminder that one day, he might finally go insane from it.

But he hoped that day would never come.

He retraced his steps back to the front of the house where the fountain was.

Yellow butterflies flew past him and his eyes went to the surrounding-the ominous forest.

He wanted to know what lied beyond those metal gates, the unknown, but he'd been forced into the God-forsaken mansion for a year now by the Sentinels.

He'd stopped going to see her-the least he could do was spare himself some emotional and physical torture.

He loved her, that would never change. But he'd resigned to his fate-that they could never be together.

The Sentinels had made it clear enough.

A year...

6 months since he last saw her face. He was already forgetting her smile.

They'd been ill-fated from the start.

His now short hair caressed his forehead, getting into his eyes.

He'd cut it much shorter.

He sighed.

He turned and sat by the fountain, his long black coat floating behind him.

He looked into the old fountain ridden with moss.

The green slightly reminded him of her beautiful eyes.

He stared at his reflection in the stagnant water.

"I hate you, " he whispered to no one in particular.

He didn't know if it was directed at himself or the Sentinels or the demon that had claimed to have birthed him, all he knew was that he was miserable.

And he wanted to end it all.

What was the point of living, when there was no one to share it with?

He'd wanted to share it with Lily, with Philip, but that wasn't possible-not anymore.

Dan felt the air around him shift and the atmosphere darkened and the air thickened with the smell of sulphur and burning flesh.

He turned to the side and saw his father's henchman-the eyeless demon he'd dreamt about a long time ago-emerge from where the spiritual and the physical realm collide.