War(When Powers Clash)

"I think I've found him."

Rebecca heard Phil's excited voice from across the living room.
She'd decided to call him Phil now, it was easier.

Rebecca rushed from her room to where he sat hunched over his laptop.

"Where is he?"

Philip scooted for her so she could see what he was staring at.

Rebecca sat beside him and stared at the screen.

Her eyes widened when she saw him—it was Dan.

It was a video of a Conference holding at the City hall in New York. Cameras of reporters flashed everywhere and all eyes were on one man dressed in a suit, hair styled to perfection with the most striking blue eyes Rebecca had ever seen.

She knew it was all a facade.

Her heart stuttered in her chest.
"Dan, " she whispered.

Philip turned to her and stared at the tear that had fallen down her cheek.

"He's not the same Dan we know Rebecca."

"He's the giant we've been hearing of; the destroyer of nation, killer of women and children."

"The Dan here is an aberration, " Philip said quietly.

"How can you say that Philip?"
Her eyes were glassy.

He closed his eyes and sighed.
"Don't get too emotional and just watch."

Philip removed the 'mute' and Rebecca watched on with trepidation.

Dan was speaking on the podium.
"Citizens of New York, it is an honour standing before you this day and I've come for one thing and one thing only."

Rebecca's heart raced in her chest.

"Make me your king."
Rebecca saw him grin, it was a sinister one, one that forebode suffering and pain.

A murmur broke through the crowd of affluent men and women of stature and wealth—including Presidents and Ministers from the countries he hadn't yet levelled with nuclear weapons.

It was the biggest conference to have ever held in the history of Democracy.

A President from Ethiopia dressed in a traditional formal gab with a matching cap spoke into the microphone in front of him.

"We will not allow that. You've laid waste to nations, slaughtered a lot of innocent lives. Yes, you have a lot of nuclear power which outranks even the Russians and Israelites, but we will not stand by and allow you t-"

There was a flash of light and in an instant, the President disintegrated into nothing, like literally there was nothing left of him other than his traditional gab and cap and a pile of hair and nails.

Gasps of fear filled the entire room.

Dan's hand was raised in his direction, golden eyes with seals flashing.

"Would any more martyrs like to speak up?" Dan smiled as he lowered his hand back to his side.

The audience gasped at his devilish eyes.

"I wasn't 'asking' you to make me your king, I'm 'telling' you to make me your king."

"And you will all bow before me, you will do my bidding.'

"Any objections?"

"No, my king."
The confirmations rang throughout the room one after the other.