The Olive Trees 2

Philip and Rebecca continued through the forest and the calmness still permeated through Rebecca. She closed her eyes and breathed in the clean air.

She exhaled, opening her eyes.

"Okay, you have got to stop doing that," Philip piped from beside her. He was sweating like no man's business.

Rebecca chuckled.

"Are you okay? You're kinda sweating a lot." Rebecca grinned.

Philip gave her a side glance.
"And whose fault is that? Uhn?"

"Quit being a baby."

"I'm not!" A blush crept up Philip's neck.

He turned away from her.
"I think my legs are about to give out from underneath me. How deep is this forest anyway?"

"We're almost there."
Rebecca too faced forward, her eyes turning serious.

She knew that night was going to be an unusual one. She couldn't help but wonder if she would be one of the people whose blood would be spilt on the earth.

Dan was coming.

Rebecca turned slightly to Philip; she watched him as he struggled to keep up.

Should she have told him about that dream, or should she just have kept it to herself?

She looked away, her brows furrowing. It didn't matter, they were too far to do anything else now.

Twenty minutes later, they found a wide opening that lead to the labyrinth. There were statues of two angels by the left and by the right. The statues were massive and as Rebecca and Philip passed through the opening, she felt a hush fall over the entire area.

Rebecca deduced it was too quiet to be natural. Something provoked this silence; something supernatural.

In front of them was a labyrinth of holly trees spread out before them. It seemed to be hexagonal. The mansion resided right at the centre of the labyrinth.

"Phil, let's go."

He nodded but then hesitated.

"It's a labyrinth Rebecca, what if we get lost?"

"Online, I checked the archives and I read that as long as you trusted your heart, you would make it to the centre."

"Your heart—"
Philip scoffed.

"What a load of—"

Rebecca punched him on the shoulder and glared at him.

"If you don't want to come, I'll go alone."

Philip brows furrowed while rubbing his injured body part.

"Yeah, right, like I'd allow you go on your own."

Philip could see the anxiety in her ice-blue eyes.

"It's okay, Rebecca."

Rebecca released a breath.
"I'm sorry I assaulted you but you have to believe me, to get through this massive labyrinth, you just have to trust your heart."

Philip's eyes widened slightly and then they lowered.
"Well, my heart hasn't been very reliable in the past."

Rebecca's turned to him.
"What do you mean?"

Philip closed his eyes and sighed pinching the bridge of his nose.

Rebecca noticed he did that whenever he was frustrated.
"Nothing, let's just go."