Chapter 1

Naina is checking her result against her roll number. She is the second topper of economics commerce stream.

(Naina)

(Naina)

"Aren't you happy?", Pooja asked her.

"I am but ..", she left the sentence incomplete but Pooja understood. Having such an excellent academic record also won't let her continue her further studies.

Naina became an orphan early in her childhood. She was in 7th standard when he parents passed away.

She has a huge extended family. All of that extended family pressurised her uncle and aunt to take care of her inspite of taking the responsibility themselves. She now lives in Nainital with them.

His father's younger brother and his wife took her in but never accepted her. They full filled their duties but that's it. There was no love or familial bond.

They always treated her as a burden. Naina knows once her graduation is completed, their first priority will be to get her married.

Naina's future prospect in terms of grooms are their hot discussion topic currently. They wanted a guy who is ready to get married to an orphan without any demands.

They wanted to spend the least amount of money on the wedding. Also they want the groom's side to take the entire responsibility of the marriage. This makes the task difficult as every decent proposal they found, wants atleast to split the expenses.

Naina is silently enduring all this. She knows that her uncle and aunt anyways won't listen to her, so she never made any demands from her end.

Being a happy go lucky person, she doesn't expect a lot from life, only happiness and content. Actually it doesn't take a lot from her side to be that. She is breath of fresh air with the innocence like child.

Despite all this she never complained about the problems which she is facing in her life but find joy in small things.

But she really wanted to persue her education further to do masters in economics and then aspire to pursue lectureship. But their is no one in the house who will understand her dreams.

So when she reached at home with her results, no one cared to ask. Her aunt knows that she is smart enough to pass with good marks and that's that for them.

Naina couldn't face the lack of interest in anyone and left to see Pooja. Pooja is her childhood friend who is now aiming to clear army entrance. Pooja is someone with whom Naina shared everything.

Pooja is really happy to see her friend.

Pooja: Oye Naina, ab time mila hai tujhe milne ka. Kab se tera wait kar rahi hu.

Naina: han.

Naina grinned and Pooja hugged her to congratulate her.

Pooja: Ruk mai na maa ko bol kar ati hu, kheer banane ke lie. Fir sath khayenge.

Naina smiled again. Pooja's mother loved her like her own daughter. Her birthday or any other occasion is celebrated at Pooja's house only.

Pooja: fir tere chacha chachi ne Namuno ki list ready kar li?

Naina: pata nai yar. Chachi ko chahiye ki shadi ka sara kharcha ladke vale uthaye, ye sun ke sab mana kar dete hai.

Pooja: to acha hai na. Tu master's ke lie apply kar de. Kah de ki jab shadi final ho jayegi tab kar lungi.

Naina: nai chacha ne mana kar dia. Kaha ki rishta milte hi shadi kar denge aur uske bad tum master's kar lena

Pooja: translation ki they don't want to spend more money on you.

Naina sighed. It's hard for her sometimes to understand her uncle and aunt. She knew they don't hate her but they never loved her like their own kid too.

Pooja: acha chod. Ye bata ki tujhe kaise dulha chahiye?

Naina: mujhse to koi jaise bada kuch puch rha hai.

Pooja: are to sochne me kya jata hai. Bata na?

Naina: hmm......Mujhe na lagta hai ki bas koi aisa ho jo mujhse sach me pyar kare, mere sapno ko support kare aur mere vazud se uski khushiyan judi ho

Pooja: mujhe pata hai kya lagta hai...tujhe ek bahut pyar karne vala, cute sa hubby milega. After all tu khud itni cute hai.

Naina blushed but didn't dared to think more on this matter. She can't let herself hope too much, if her dreams die then she won't be able to handle it.

This marriage is her last hope for a family. She doesn't expect too much, only a simple, sweet life partner. Is she asking a lot. She don't know.

She had her dinner at Pooja's house and then her father dropped her home. No one at house cared where she was anyway.

It's like she doesn't exist. It's not like they misbehaved with her or made her do all the housework. In fact everyone contributes to house work. Naina is responsible for making breakfast, but apart from that they never force her to do anything.

Her uncle and aunt didn't keep tabs on her too. She have a curfew like her cousins and she never broke it till date. But they never cared for her either. Never bothered with her whereabouts, problems, happiness or any detail for that matter.

Their negligence hurt her sometimes but then she can't do anything. She knows that complaints won't have any impact as well.

Naina has given up on this family. She wanted her own family. Her craving for having love is also making her not to protest for her immediate marriage.

/* so this is the starting of AASRA. I am thinking about this story from a long time and need some chapters for build up. Let me know how did you find it? As mentioned in the intro, it won't be a typical live story. It will be a bit dark. -*/