Chapter 56

Rajveer is sitting in the first trial of his father. His father has confessed on his involvement in the canteen supplies scam part.

Paramdheer is now Army's witness and providing information regarding the things he is aware in the scam. But he is one of the small fish...there are bigger fishes to fry.

Upon Paramdheer's statement, Reeti's complete unawareness regarding this scam is now clear. She has been given the clean chit.

But opposition demanded to call Naina on stand on the grounds that after her marriage, Paramdheer's involvement in the scam can be traced.

Rajveer is feeling so helpless. It's good he is sitting because she is shivering with fear. How would she go through this? How can he let her go through this? He again won't be able to protect his family.

Naina took the stand supported by Rajveer.

"So...Mrs Shekhawat...oh I am sorry Ms. Singh right? Or am I wrong", Advocate clearly want to provocate her.

Naina didn't said anything.

Opposition lawyer made an objection regarding the same.

"So tell me ... you are aware about the involvement with of Mr. Paramdheer"

Naina simply replied in no.

"Ohh ok. Let me rephrase the question then, you are one who is the perpetrator of this scam"

Naina's eyes went round in surprise. He is attacking him unnecessarily.

"I am not aware about the scam until it saw the light of media", Naina simply stated.

"Oh really Miss Singh. These call records clearly shows that this started after your marriage with Mr. Shekhawat's son. My lord...this is a clear case of cover up. She has an ulterior motive"

The opposition again raised an objection.

"If you are right then can you explain the court why are you still living with his son. As per I can see the records, you both are divorced"

Naina's eyes are getting teared up but she stood her ground, "yes. We live together as it's important for me to be with someone at this stage"

"This stage means your pregnancy"

Naina nodded.

"Why does he helps you with it? The baby could be anyone's. Is it because you are helping his father?"

Naina couldn't believe this. They are twisting everything. Every word from the council feels like melted iron in her ears.

The blame game continues and several other charges are thrown on her.

Finally opposition took over.

"Miss Naina...how many times you have talked to Mr Paramdheer after your marriage"

"Less than 3 or 4 times. We hardly interacted"

"Rajveer had a huge fallout with Mr Shekhawat following your separation"

"Yes"

"Didn't he accused you for creating rift between both of them"

"Yes"

"Point to be noted My Lord. My client haven't shared any personal terms with Mr. Shekhawat. His testimony also stated the same"

Judge took a note for the same.

"I have submitted, Naina's complete log logs after she actually had a phone. There was no call made my her to Paramdheer or even to his office or home. We had already traced how Paramdheer connected with rest of them and Naina's number can't be traced in the entire line. This is diversion technique to misguide the investigation"

Judge took a note of it and acquitted Naina.

Rajveer took a deep breath of relief but upon seeing Naina's situation he felt someone snatched away his breath.

She is shaking and tears are falling continuously from her eyes. They have accused her of something she isn't aware about. Her character is questioned in a room filled with strangers.

As soon as the hearing is adjourned, Naina felt like the strength is leaving her legs. Before she would fall, Rajveer held her.

She looked up at him with such helplessness that he engulfed her in his arms. She let him.

She stayed like that for few moments taking strength from each other.

"Naina.."

She looked up at this voice.

Naveen is looking at her.

She took a small step towards him and then ran towards him. He held her and she cried. He patted her to calm her down. But she didn't stopped. She is crying continuously as finally she is home.

Naina looks like she will pass out from exhaustion.  Naveen took her to hospital wing with the help of Rajveer and they made her lie down in care of Shalini.

Rajveer sat besides her looking broken. Naveen pressed his shoulder and he turned.

Naveen can see the tears in his eyes. Rajveer closed his eyes and tears fell down.

"Kahan chala gya tha yar? Tere bina kaise sab akele jhel rha hu mai...ek bar bata to deta ki ye sab chal rha hai", Rajveer said.

Naveen felt guilty but what could he have done differently.

Shalini shooed them away. She wants Naina to rest for a while.

They came outside.

Naveen took him in his arms. Rajveer hugged him back. He is the only relation which stood the test of time for him.

"To ab tu vapas aa gya hai finally mission se", Rajveer asked wiping his tears.

"Han actually we are only responsible for the part where Col. Paramdheer was involved. So once everything is clear, I am off duty"

Rajveer nodded.

"Aj bhi mujhe ye sach digest karne me difficultly ho rahi hai ki he is involved", Rajveer said pulling his hairs in frustration.

"Tune sara investigation dekh hi lia hai Raj"

"I know yar. He is involved. I just having a hard time accepting the fact. Maa is suffering even worse than me", Rajveer replied.

"I can understand...acha sun. Did Naina had a hard time in the hearing?", Naveen asked.

Rajveer nodded, "our personal mess was out in open. She was targeted for it. It was not her fault".

Rajveer hung his head low. He failed her again.

Naveen held both his shoulders, "Raj meri bat sun. Past me ho bhi kuch hua ho par aj teri koi galti nai thi".

"Par uski bhi to nai thi na. Vo fir meri vajah se suffer kar rahi hai", Rajveer said with a broken voice.

Naveen patted his shoulder amazed at his concern. In his time apart a lot has changed between them!

/* happy Sunday friends!! I am a bit unwell so this update got delayed.

Comments and votes are compulsory 😈

*/