Chapter 26

"Kuch mila,
Kuch milte milte chut gya,
Shayad sapna tha,
Aakh khulte hi tut gya"

"Doctor, Doctor please help me. She ...she is just ...doctor vo ...vo hosh me aa hi nahi rahi hai...", Naveen was begging in front of a doctor to take the case of Naina.

Doctor was not willing but it seems like an accident case.

Doctor: is it's domestic violence case? I mean please inform police

Naveen: no Doctor. It's not like that. I mean....vo ghar par akeli thi. Slip ho gai hai shayad. Please Doctor.

Doctor is still not convinced but he can feel that Naveen is not lying and they agreed to take her case.

She was taken for checkup and Naveen was asked to wait.

Naveen is trying to call Rajveer continuously but unable to reach him. His cell phone is coming as switched off.

Naveen was staring a random corner without actually noticing anything. He is in shock. The way he found Naina is a horrible scene to witness. He still can't shake the image from his mind.

Being in army he watched people in gruesome details. He knew that death is an eminent part of life but watching her like that simply made his heart wrench.

He was sitting like that for a long time before the doctor came back, "she lost a considerable amount of blood. Luckily her head injury was on a part which was not in downward direction so it stopped the blood flow in a while"

Naveen kept staring at doctor. He pressed his shoulder, "she is fine now. She and the baby, both are fine"

Naveen jerked to look at the doctor again, "WHAT?"

Doctor screwed his eyes, "you didn't know? She is 6 weeks pregnant at this point. Aap unke pati hai?"

Naveen : nahi. Mai...mai... bhai hu inka...I mean Naina Ka.

Doctor: oh ok.

Naveen: can I go see her?

Doctor: you can go but she is still unconscious.

Naveen thanked the doctor and went inside to sit by Naina. He caressed her hairs. Her face is looking so innocent.

Naveen sat besides her and closed his eyes. The entire scene he witnessed in the morning started flashing in front of his eyes.

When he entered the home excited, "Naina...dekh maine kahan tha na ki mai aayunga joining se pahle"

And his eyes met the scene. Naina in middle of a blood pool.

He rushed to check on her. Bleeding is stopped but her low pulse rate panicked him.

He tried to make her gain conscious but all his efforts are going into vain. Finally he gave up and called for an ambulance.

When the ward boys are taking her in the stretcher, his eyes fell on the letter he found on the floor.

He just stuffed it in his pocket.

Naveen realised he never read the letter while sitting besides Naina, waiting for her to wake up.

His eyes became big and mouth open while starting the letter and by the end of it he tore it in multiple pieces.

"How could he? Insaaniyat ke naate hi sahi, ek bar Naina ke bare me soch leta. Yakeen hi nahi ho rha hai mujhe ki tu itna kayar ho sakta hai Raj", Naveen said it aloud.

Naina is still unconscious.

———————————————————————————

"Hum aj sham ko nikal rahe hai, tum sara saman le chuki ho na?", Naveen asked.

Naina nodded in response.

She is back from the hospital a week back and Naveen presents the idea of her joining him in Mumbai.

She was sceptical at first but then she decided to make this change. She had enough of being a victim at each and every phase of her life.

"Bhaiya, hum kaise jayenge?", Naina asked

"Flight hai humari Naina, tumne kuch socha?", Naveen asked

"Hmm. Hum koi bat nahi karna chahte hai unse bhaiya ya fir is bare me", she replied with a finality in her tone.

She never discussed anything with Naveen about it. She knew he read the letter and she was glad that she doesn't have to repeat it.

Naveen already knew about Ritu to understand what Rajveer has done.

Naveen offered her to stay with him as she expressed her wish to look for a job. Naina agreed easily as she didn't really have many options.

None of them expressed a lot but it's a unsaid notion that Naveen won't leave her alone at this state.

Naveen also understood that Naina needs time to express or even to absorb this thing. She is in shock, behaving sometimes like everything is fine or sometimes going numb.

He talked to the doctor about it too.

"She is pregnant, Captain. Kisi bhi tarah ka jyada stress is waqt bura hai. You have to let her heal", Doctor said.

"Kuch waqt do use. Agar uske numbing episodes badhte hai tab we might need to consult a psychiatrist ", Doctor added.

"So can't we do anything now?" How should I deal with it?", Naveen asked

"She is trying to cope up with the situation. Agar aap use ek change of scene de sakte hai to it would be best", Doctor suggested

"Change of city will work?", Naveen asked

"Would be best for her. Also uske trauma ko jyada trigger mat kijiye. Let her deal with it on her own pace", Doctor said.

Naveen decided then only that he won't leave Naina alone. He will take her with him to the city where people becomes lost in crowd. But he is hoping that she will find her.

inaaya4567 Khush ho ja ab. And give me the update soon 😜

/* I know Chota update hai. Next vala bada dungi. ...pakka

Comments and votes are compulsory for next update */