Chapter 52

He felt her coming. His eyes are closed.

He felt a touch on his shoulder.

He looks up at her, she is offering him a cup.

He is confused about the aroma of the drink. It's doesn't look like coffee to him.

He raised his eyes and she smiled a bit.

"Hot chocolate hai. Doctor ne hume mana kia hai jyada caffeine lene se islie isi se kam chalana padega", she handed him the cup.

He supported her to sit at the bed as she can't sit on floor now. He sat besides her with the cup.

"Bhukh nai lagi?", she asked.

He denied by shaking his head.

"Maa thik hai?", he asked.

"So rahi hai. Subah se bas ro rahi thi. Sherry hai unke sath", she told him.

"Hmm", he took a sip of the drink. He felt the warmth spreading across his body.

"Kabhi Yun Hi Jab Hui Bojhal Saansen
Bhar Aai Baithe Baithe Jab Yun Hi Aankhen
Kabhi Machal Ke Pyar Se Chal Ke
Chhuye Koi Mujhe Par Nazar Na Aaye"

They heard the lines from the song played by their neighbor. He generally sits in the balcony with the transistor playing old Hindi movie songs.

"He looks so content na....I always wanted that", Rajveer said looking at him.

Naina pressed his hand. He smiled a little at her.

"I am sorry...humesha bas depressing baaten karta hu na mai", he said looking away.

She didn't replied anything but just keep holding his hand.

He took her hand in between his both hands. He is playing with her fingers and Naina is looking at him.

"Tum bhi kya sochti hogi ki kahan fas gai ho. Is complicated insaan ne tumhari bhi zindagi complicate kar di hai", he said glancing at her.

She shifted towards him leaning on his shoulder for support. She kept her head on his shoulder and closed her eyes.

"Rajveer....I know things are bad now. But it will get better...trust me", Naina said with her eyes closed.

Rajveer smiled a little. Her proximity is so familiar. It feels like home. He put his head on her and his hand around her back.

He closed his eyes as well. In her aroma, he is feeling comforted.

They drifted in sleep together.

———————————————————————————

Reetika just opened the door of Rajveer's room to peak inside. She smiles at watching them sleep and closed the door quietly.

Sherry spotted her smiling and raised her eyes.

Reetika shakes her head, "kuch nai. Chal bahar baithte hai".

Sherry took her to the terrace to get some fresh air.

"Kya dekh rahe the aap?", Sherry asked again.

"Raj aur Naina ko. Dono baithe baithe hi so gaye hai. Ek dusre ka sahara lekar", Reetika said with a small smile.

Sherry smiled to look away.

"Naina bahut samajhdar ladki hai", Reetika said.

Sherry understood what Reetika is implying but didn't commented anything.

"Ab dono ko shayad samajh aaye aur bhagvan kare ki dono fir sath ho jaye", Reetika said, turning to look at Sherry.

"Tu kya kahti hai?", Reetika asked Sherry.